What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ibooks folders

allen319

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am new to iPad so still learning my way around the device. Is there a way to create folders on the PDF bookshelf?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No, but you can create other bookshelves, and they will hold PDF's as easily as other books.

When you are looking at the bookshelf, you should see a Collections button right next to the Store button. If you tap that you'll see your two default collections; Books and PDF's.

At the bottom of the list you'll see a New and Edit button. To make a new collection (bookshelf) tap it and give it a name. To delete or rearrange the list tap Edit. You delete a collection by tapping the minus sign. You can rearrange them by dragging the three lines to the right of the name.

To move books into a collection go to the bookshelf you want to move the book(s) from. Tap on the Edit button at the top right of the bookshelf, then tap once each book you want to move. The selected books will show a blue checkmark. Tap again to deselect if you made a mistake.

Now chose the Move button at the top left. You'll see your list of bookshelves. Just tap on the one you want to move the books too.

Tap the Done button at the top right when you are done editing.

This all works pretty well. My only complaint is I would like an All Books shelf that always shows all your books, no matter where you move them. Unfortunately, if you don't remember where you put a book, you'll have to manually search all your shelves.

Last edited:

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My only complaint is I would like an All Books shelf that always shows all your books, no matter where you move them. Unfortunately, if you don't remember where you put a book, you'll have to manually search all your shelves.
The only way I know to do that is to go back to iTunes on your PC and look under the books tab where you will see all of your books, sans shelves.

JJK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Would be goog if you could search the title via the Ipad search function. Unfortunately.......

Sent from my iPad using iPF

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. I just created a new bookshelf. It would be nice to create folders.
If You like Folders, there are quite a few other applications, that can deal with folderes and PDF files

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank you Twerppoet for telling me how to create new collections, I used your idea for creating a collection of books I've read as I kept forgetting.

Most reactions

Latest posts