1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

iBooks FIX iOS 4.2.1 Jailbreak DRM Problem

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by PhilSynowiec, Feb 16, 2011.

1. PhilSynowiec

PhilSynowiec Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24 / 0
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfp3GlveMfE[/ame]​

Ever since the new iBooks update, people have had troubles opening their purchased books within the app. Well this is because you are Jailbroken and your device can read unsigned code. Every time you open an ebook, the device executes a code, and if that code can be executed it means your device is Jailbroken. This of course means that you will get a silly little pop up message basically saying "HEY! HEY! HEY! Unjailbreak your device RIGHT NOW MISTER!" So we don't want that happening anymore.

Do the following steps and you can get back to your reading:

Step 1: Type in Safari:
    http://a.qoid.us/hunnypot.deb

Step 2: Choose Open in "iFile" and once iFile is open, tap Installer. You will get a return code of 0 if it worked correctly.

Step 3: Exit iFile and respring your iPhone

Step 4: You're done!
  2. Demandarin

Demandarin iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    Or u can add the repo to cydia to let u install ibooks fix. I have it and confirmed it wrks. I forgot the name of the repo but its in hacking section, here on the forum. I think the title of thread is called ibooks fix or somethin.
    Great find though. I didnt know about that method. So i guess any deb. File can be installed that way also?