What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iBooks Directory

Status
Not open for further replies.

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mwahahaha*cough*haha.....

iFile worked like a charm! I knew I was missing something! Just didn't know what exactly...of course you need some sort of file manager ( or at least the dependancies in the package) to view and display a file! *Face palm*

Thank you Outl4w for those suggestions! Thanks Tim for tue redirection to the right section! And last -and certainly not least Greywolf for getting me on the right track!

Pandora! Gimme that box of yours! :D

Where did you find this option in ifile?

Edit: nevermind....found it....DOH!...:facepalm:
Wolfie was right...

Last edited:
OP
Fr0st

Fr0st

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yea it's a 'slightly' hidden feature. :S

Do we have a file transfer guide in this forum? Think I should start writing one up since I got this going.

Anyone think it's something that people may want to look at?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do we have a file transfer guide in this forum? Think I should start writing one up since I got this going.
Anyone think it's something that people may want to look at?

No. Good idea. Yes. :)

OP
Fr0st

Fr0st

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
No. Good idea. Yes. :)

That was fast! Btw! I just checked the Tutorial section and noticed that you already have a section on SSH, f4780y. So i have an idea: instead of posting a totally new post, we could edit yours to include pictures, mini how to, and examples of transferring files to and from the iPad.

Your post already has good info, we could just add value? Or should I just add your info in my guide and reference you?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, I'm not precious about my content, but big long unwieldy posts are probably not best for everyone. It's not great to cover too many topics in one post either, or add too much to them after they have been published, unless you are just keeping them up to date on the original subject.

Why not start a series of HOW-TO guides, e.g. "HOW-TO Add publications to iBooks without using iTunes"?

You can reference my SSH post right at the start of each guide. Just say something like "Before you start, you must have SSH installed. Look at the guide here for an introduction to SSH and how to install it on your iPad - LINK.

The only request I would make is please try and get the title of the Thread in the "standard" I have imposed on the section :) i.e. start it with "HOW-TO" and make sure it is sufficiently descriptive for users. Good titles really help in searching, linking, etc. And it looks good if all similar threads use the same general title format ;)

Other than that, knock yourself out! I'm really keen that members make a contribution if they want to, so don't worry about stepping on toes. But my general guidance on these kinds of posts is take you time and be as professional as you can be. If you can look at the post and it makes you proud, then you did it right! You might find it easier to prepare it in another tool until you are happy with the words, before posting it on the site. I use Evernote to prepare all my posts.

Also, if you need a hand with pictures etc. let me know. I'd be happy to fill in those if it is a hassle for you.

Cheers :D

OP
Fr0st

Fr0st

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice on evernote! Just DLed it and I'm working on that guide as of the end of this post. I'll send you a copy of the post as a PM so you could give me your two cents before posting. Also, I am a Linux user, so you could help a lot by providing the screenshots for PC users! :D

---------------------------------

@ whoever is moderating this section, I'll make your life easier.

To conclude our thread, the answer to our question is as follows:

The is no 'proper' directory to send files that you want to view in iBooks. However, what you could do is download ifiles to your iPad, and have the app open it for you from whatever directory you've sent it with.

As mentioned above, there will be a guide posted in the How To section of this forums on to explain what procedures are necessary in order to send/ recieve and then view files on the iPad.

Mr/Ms moderator, you may lock this thread as it has been answered. Thank you everyone who has contributed! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions