What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ibooks crashes everytime after ios 5 update (ipad is jailbroken)

Abby06

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know what Jailbreak is but after update to iClouds my iBooks crashed on iPad and my books are all missing on iPad and
iPhone 4. I only updated because I was syncing with laptop and Apple said they had an update for both devices. Up until now
iBooks has been a great Ap. iBooks should discontinue sales of their Ap until this problem is resolved. A notice and fix should be posted ASAP on the Apple Ap Store site. If anyone knows a solution please post.
Note: I just checked and Google Books is having same problem. I consider this to be a failure by Apple if many online books Apps are crashing.

Great news!! This morning all my books were back in my library and iBooks is working once again. I believe this was fixed by the iBooks software team in their iClouds programming.

Last edited:
OP
A

advsahir

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know what Jailbreak is but after update to iClouds my iBooks crashed on iPad and my books are all missing on iPad and
iPhone 4. I only updated because I was syncing with laptop and Apple said they had an update for both devices. Up until now
iBooks has been a great Ap. iBooks should discontinue sales of their Ap until this problem is resolved. A notice and fix should be posted ASAP on the Apple Ap Store site. If anyone knows a solution please post.
Note: I just checked and Google Books is having same problem. I consider this to be a failure by Apple if many online books Apps are crashing.

hmm interesting...seems like the ibooks crash is not limited to only jailbroken devices!!

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There is certainly no general failure of iBooks. The fact that multiple book readers on this guys device are failing leads me to believe there is a problem with his upgrade, and I would restore and repeat the process.

We updated 120 devices in the office without a single failure on any stock component. Some of our devices have 1000 PDFs in iBooks...

-t

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
......We updated 120 devices in the office without a single failure on any stock component. Some of our devices have 1000 PDFs in iBooks...

-t
Oh Oh Oh...
120 Devices in the office ?
You mean PAD's and iPhones ?
I like that.

AdamR1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In the same boat here Ipad (OG) 32gig ios 5. 1. Is there a link confirming that the dev team is aware the Ibooks issue 2. Will an older version of Ibooks work with IOS 5 3. Is this an issue(bug) with the jailbreak or Apple knowing the device is jail broken? Is there a legit way of getting an older version of ibooks. I emptied my recycle bin after i upgraded ibooks.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know if an older version works.
iBooks had the same problem on 4.3.3 and the dev team had to fix it. The fix came with the jailbreak.
So they have to do the same on iOS 5. The dev team has to fix it.

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a JP iPAD-1 , with no problems on iBOOK.
I update all my Apps all the time.
the iBOOK version while using "AppInfo Export - AppStore - Simple list" is :

[h=3]iBooks[/h]
  • Version : 422
  • Id : com.apple.iBooks
  • Folder : 3B1D0084-E21C-48E1-91E9-BDC2C16749AA
  • Bundle : iBooks.app
  • Name : iBooks
  • Author : Apple
  • Section : Books
  • Copyright : © 2011
  • Price : Unknown
  • Bundle Version : 422
  • Purchase Date : 2011-10-12T07:40:15Z
  • Genre ID : 6018
  • Open in Appstore
<

AdamR1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You understand that gibberish? I would like to know what version of ibooks you are running 1.3.1 or 1.3.2. and are you running Ios 5. Also if this a USA or European ipad

Last edited:

AdamR1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know who you are pointing that towards but I would cool it if I were you. We are polite on this forum and I would hate to see you receive an infraction only after your second post.
Really cool it? I think you might need to cool it and read what i wrote. Maybe i should have quoted the persons text in my post. So to clarify here what i was replying to and ask if anyone could understand it. That post makes no mention if he is running IOS 5 or if his IPad is a US or European IPad since they have slightly different app store and minor internal OS differences. The info also fails to state a current version 1.3.1, .2, or earlier version so yes it gibberish to me.

I have a JP iPAD-1 , with no problems on iBOOK.
I update all my Apps all the time.
the iBOOK version while using "AppInfo Export - AppStore - Simple list" is :

iBooks

Version : 422
Id : com.apple.iBooks
Folder : 3B1D0084-E21C-48E1-91E9-BDC2C16749AA
Bundle : iBooks.app
Name : iBooks
Author : Apple
Section : Books
Copyright : © 2011
Price : Unknown
Bundle Version : 422
Purchase Date : 2011-10-12T07:40:15Z
Genre ID : 6018
Open in Appstore

Last edited:

MT2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure if I'm posting in the right place... iPad 1 jail broke. Every time I plug into my pc it syncs with iTunes and deletes apps I've not got from the AppStore. How do I prevent this?

Moderation Notice: This post has been edited by IPF Staff in accordance with the Hacking Section Rules

Itunes is deleting your apps because they are stolen and you are a pirate. How do you prevent this? Pay for them. End of this discussion. Read our rules!

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Latest posts