What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iBooks changing file names

lenrev

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I subscribe to a magazine that is available via download. Since getting the iPad2 I have found that, after downloading a file in Safari and choosing the option to open in iBooks, the file name has been changed. The new file names seem to be rather arbitrary and render them impossible to sort properly, much less allow me to know their content later. Any fixes for this?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I moved your post to the Help section, where I think it will receive better attention.

Tim

firoze

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi know about this problem. I think you will find that all your file names start with QL, which
I presume that stands for "Quick Look". I myself have not found a solution to this problem, let's hope someone else can...

OP
L

lenrev

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the information. Unfortunately, for a device thst should be a time-saver a fair amount of manipulation is unnecessarily required for a seemingly simiple use.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Try using GoodReader to download the file instead. It has a built in browser. Once the file is downloaded you can rename it before using the Open In option to copy it to iBooks.

This may, or may not, work. It depends on whether the file (a PDF I assume) has set the title in the metadata. If it has, then the only option is to edit the title on a computer, either in iTunes or in a PDF viewer like Preview or Adobe.

Most reactions

Latest posts