What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iBooks App was deleted - But books still OK

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My wife deleted the iBooks application. I was sure I lost all books and Magazine.
I Re Installed the App, and opened it.
1st sign of hope was that I noticed all my Collections were still there ( a list of about 15)
I noticed the iPAD is working hard on some background job.
Left it that way, and after 26 minutes all books and magazines, started to show up in the relevant collection.

So.

The books are not part of the application. Also not the collections and the pointers to the books.

Just wanted to let you know.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you go to "store" in your Ibooks app you will see "purchased" where everything is archived "in the cloud" much as the archives in the Kindle or Nook app. Don't fear losing those. I do wonder, however, about PDFs and epubs not purchased from within the app. Might be worthwhile to back those up.

OP
peled

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Diane B said:
If you go to "store" in your Ibooks app you will see "purchased" where everything is archived "in the cloud" much as the archives in the Kindle or Nook app. Don't fear losing those. I do wonder, however, about PDFs and epubs not purchased from within the app. Might be worthwhile to back those up.

Do not worry. It shows all PDF and EPUB all right. And mine is JB.

Think before you Sync

chinajon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iCloud

I read somewhere that you can pay about $25 US, and back up other things to the icloud not purchased at the iTunes Store. Not sure what file types are allowed though.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The $25 is for more than 5GB which will be free. Docs, etc are able to be backed up. I anticipate it will work much like Dropbox where I back up PDFs, epubs, docs, photos, etc. I did read that Photos will be the most current 1000 photos in your stream for 30 days so not sure how that will work but my photos are uploaded via CC and also always uploaded to PC since I shoot in RAW with camera and not Ipad (or Iphone).

I have not determined if doc, PDF, etc backup will be universally able to be backed up or if each developer will have to include the integration of Icloud as they do now for Dropbox.

Most reactions

Latest posts