What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iBooks app installed but no icon

kazook

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The store says that iBooks is installed, but there is no icon. I can't even delete it to try and reinstall. I am very new to this so any help would be appreciated

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ok, this may be overly simple, but have you tried swiping your finger from right to left across the screen. New apps are often not installed on the first screen.

A quick way to tell if you have multiple app screens, and which screen you are on, is to look for a series of dots just above the dock. The number of dots is how many screen you have, the white dot is the screen you are on. The left most dot looks like a magnifying glass, and is the search screen.

If you haven't already done so, grab the iPad Users Guide and thumb through it.

http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/iPad_User_Guide.pdf

Once you find your iBooks app, you can go to the iBooks store and download the book from there as well. It is free.

Here is another post on how to use your iPad, by one of more savvy forum members.

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-faq/3470-ipad-absolute-beginners.html

tbdave

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The store says that iBooks is installed, but there is no icon. I can't even delete it to try and reinstall. I am very new to this so any help would be appreciated

I have the same problem. Just got the new iPad and installed iBooks. But there's no icon (on any of the screens). Other apps have installed with no problems. I'd also though of deleting and reinstalling. But without the icon, I don't know how to delete it.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Another user just posted that he got his iBooks icon to appear by restarting his device.

When things start acting a bit weird, it's a good idea to completely shut the iPad off and restart. You should probably do this at least once a week (my unsupported opinion on frequency.)

Just hold down the power button for about three seconds. You'll get a power off slider. Go ahead and slide it off. Wait until the iPad completely shuts down and then restart it by holding down the power button for about three seconds again.

For more serious problems, when shutting it off doesn't work, you can do a soft reset. Hold down the power and home button until the Apple logo appears, about 10 to 15 seconds. Let go and wait for it to reboot. This will take a few minutes, so be patient.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Another user just posted that he got his iBooks icon to appear by restarting his device.

I was just about to say the same thing. I downloaded GarageBand, then after it finished installing, it showed "Installed" on my App Store but no icon on the iPad. A quick restart made the icon show up.

robertsguam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Smart guy, it worked and now my iBooks icon appears on my home screen. You have to remember to let go of the on-off button when the grey Apple logo appears, though, or it won't reboot.

lranzino

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Perfect solution!

Just wanted to say thanks! I couldn't find the icon either after downloading iBooks. Your suggestions of restarting iPad worked great. Thanks so much.

bp56

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have similar problem. I did not download ibook app but it shows installed when I try to download so does it come preinstalled? Not showing on any of the three pages. I have restarted iPad and no luck.

Saudi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:

This is my puzzle.

Got it

Most reactions

Latest posts