What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iBooks 3.0 crashes on iPad 1

netrunner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dear all,
iBooks 3.0 crashes on startup on my iPad1. Have any one installed iBooks 3.0 on iPad 1 successfully? If yes, how to solve the problem?

Net runner

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
netrunner said:
Dear all,
iBooks 3.0 crashes on startup on my iPad1. Have any one installed iBooks 3.0 on iPad 1 successfully? If yes, how to solve the problem?

Net runner

Hello netrunner, welcome to the forum. When you get the chance head on over to our newcomers forum and introduce yourself. Whilst there, check out the sticky on tips and tricks and read forum rules.

I have installed the latest version on my iPad 1 and have not had any problems with this app. Our iPad 1 has limited memory, so you have to take an active part in helping it manage it's memory.

1. Double tap home button, this will reveal recently used apps. Press and hold down an app until the minus sign appears. Tap each minus sign until you clear out all apps. Double tap home and get back to home screen.

2. Do you have any notifications running on any app? I suggest disabling this function. But if you keep running notifications, clear out all notices by swiping down starting at time on the iPad.

3. Clear any cookies and history in Safari.

4. Empty your trash bin.

5. Press and hold down the sleep button and the home button, until the screen goes black. Wait a moment, and then press and hold down the sleep button and until you get your logon. This is known as a reset.

6. Press and hold down the sleep button until you get slider to power off. Slide to off. Wait a moment and then press the sleep button until you get your logon. This is known as a restore.

7. At least once a month, let your battery drain completely until the iPad shuts down, then plug it back in. I usually do this right before bed time so it can charge overnight.

These tips are in no sequential order. Use as needed. For example, if I find my mail app lagging, it usually means I have too many email or I have to empty trash. Number 5 and 6 usually cures all problems, done with number 1--clearing out apps.

Last edited:
OP
N

netrunner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for your advice, I knew the reason after reset my iPad. It proved that iBooks 3.0 can't run any file such as PDF greater than 100m size on iPad 1. Maybe iPad 2 is okay. This upgrade is a joke to all iPad1 user

Most reactions