What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ibook question

Art Frau

iPF Noob
Reaction score
frenchman96 said:
Art
See another part screen, I can't take it any further, store is not live, I know what is on my bookshelf, but can't get to where you showed yours.

In this last SS u showed . Loki at the bottom. Tap bookshelf . It should get back to having a live Store & Collections button.

image-1190849429.jpg

Art Frau

iPF Noob
Reaction score
frenchman96 said:
Art
See another part screen, I can't take it any further, store is not live, I know what is on my bookshelf, but can't get to where you showed yours.

Did u tap bookshelf at the bottom. Your SS shows u are in category.

image-2226759695.jpg

OP
frenchman96

frenchman96

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Video......did 1& 2 to no avail

Art.......tapped bookshelf, but STORE still dead

You both have covered most things, and Video, her what you say about new app, but I am pretty convinced that it's me doing something wrong, as I have managed to install to books to shelf, but don't know how. All I know is that I followed a "free ebook link" and simply to try, I chose to install, and once I selected, I was given 2 choices to install it to, and I chose iBooks. So maybe it's where I go to install books is the answer?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Frenchman - what country do you live in (as in, what country is your Apple ID showing as)? There are a lot of countries that do not have the iBooks store, yet, and yours may be one of them (which explains the grayed out Store button). According to an article I read, there are only about 50 countries that are iBookstore-supported.

If you are in one of those countries, you can still download books and PDFs to the iBooks app, but you can't buy books from the Apple online bookstore...

Marilyn

Art Frau

iPF Noob
Reaction score
frenchman96 said:
Video......did 1& 2 to no avail

Art.......tapped bookshelf, but STORE still dead

You both have covered most things, and Video, her what you say about new app, but I am pretty convinced that it's me doing something wrong, as I have managed to install to books to shelf, but don't know how. All I know is that I followed a "free ebook link" and simply to try, I chose to install, and once I selected, I was given 2 choices to install it to, and I chose iBooks. So maybe it's where I go to install books is the answer?

Could u take a screen shot of the bookshelf with the one book u put into it? Yes, the location may be the answer as the moderator indicated some countries don't have store activated.

OP
frenchman96

frenchman96

iPF Novice
Reaction score
art

will do later as I am on laptop at present.

OP
frenchman96

frenchman96

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Art
As requested, a screenshot, but as said in an earlier reply, there is more than one now.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 166

Art Frau

iPF Noob
Reaction score
frenchman96 said:
Art
As requested, a screenshot, but as said in an earlier reply, there is more than one now.

Looks like u solved your problem & can get books. Congratulations!

talon90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
From your home screen, Go in to "Settings", press on "General" and tell us if "Retrictions" (towards the bottom of the General page) is set to on. If it is, try turning the On/Off slider for iBooks to off.

OP
frenchman96

frenchman96

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Talon
When I go to settings, general, restrictions, ibook is OFF ?

Most reactions