What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IBook problem

Ewaterma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I received my iPad 2 3G a couple of days ago. Shortly after I started using it, I was asked if I wanted to install iBooks to which I responded "yes". It seemed to install but the icon is greyed out, it says "waiting..." underneath the icon and it will not open. When I look in the app store, it says it is installed.

Apparently, because it is a basic Apple app, I can't uninstall it. So, therefore I can't try to reinstall it. I've asked Apple for help and was sent a bunch of links about how to USE iBooks which does me no good as I can't even open it.

Can anyone help?

Thanks, Ed

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
Ewaterma said:
I received my iPad 2 3G a couple of days ago. Shortly after I started using it, I was asked if I wanted to install iBooks to which I responded "yes". It seemed to install but the icon is greyed out, it says "waiting..." underneath the icon and it will not open. When I look in the app store, it says it is installed.

Apparently, because it is a basic Apple app, I can't uninstall it. So, therefore I can't try to reinstall it. I've asked Apple for help and was sent a bunch of links about how to USE iBooks which does me no good as I can't even open it.

Can anyone help?

Thanks, Ed

never mind, fingers working faster than brain.....

Last edited:

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would try to delete as suggested above then download again from the app store. You may need to delete from iTunes on your computer as well but give it a try on your iPad only first.

The Archangel

Jwin97

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This happens all the time on my iPhone. Rebooting is always the solution. When it powers back on, it will most likely already be installed so you won't have to delete and re-download.

Most reactions