What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ibook language question

yu12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know if iBookstore accepts chinese written book? I don't seem to find any answers through its website nor google. Anyone knows that? And thanks.:)

OP
Y

yu12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
by the way, there're chinese written books available in iBookstore.
but when I want to deliver my book, the language option doesn't have chinese

MarkK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What do you want an iBook for?
Apple discontinued these years ago.
The only thing you'll get today is a MacBook.

Although they do sell very cheap used iBooks on eBay nowadays.

OP
Y

yu12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm sorry I confused you. I'm using iPad, and now I'm preparing a chinese written book to upload to iBookstore for sell. But the iTunesProducer doesn't have chinese language as its option.

Last edited:

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Change your ipad's language. go to settings,keyboard,international keyboards. you can choose which type of chinese input do you want. I got two ;)

OP
Y

yu12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks for replying, but that's not what I'm asking. I want to bring chinese written books for sale on iBookstore, but the iTunesProducer which delivers content to iBookstore doesn't support chinese. but the odd thing is there're several chinese-written books on iBookstore.

Homahfan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Funny... I found this site because I was looking for how to find chinese language books on iBooks... I understand there is a HK bookstore with Chinese language books... But I don't know how to get my iBooks hooked up to it....

OP
Y

yu12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Homahfan, do you mean that you want to find chinese written books in iBookstore? I think you can input chinese when using "search" option.

mich

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Homahfan, do you mean that you want to find chinese written books in iBookstore? I think you can input chinese when using "search" option.

i think that too :D

FEP

iPF Noob
Reaction score
check in again on Chinese language iBooks

Following up on this thread - I am a HK-based publisher and have just tried to upload an ePub blingual book with English and Chinese (traditional characters) into iBookstore. It seems it was approved but the response I got from Apple was that it would be "hidden" because they do not yet "support" Chinese. They said they plan to do so "but there is no timetable." After several e-mails to Apple, I did not get a clear explanation and I am puzzled because there are already Project Gutenberg Chinese books in iBookstore and my file seemed to work fine on the ePub checks. I uploaded an English book at the same time and it went into the iBookstore already. Can anyone shd light on this or propose a solution. Thanks. FEP

Most reactions

Latest posts