What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ibook disappeared

fdeath

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello group,

I bought steve jobs biography on schiphol, when i left for a vacation to israel. I payed, downloaded and even read the book on the plane, until i was asked to close down the electric appliances and put my ipad in sleep- mode.

The next day i wanted to read further but i could not find the book in ibooks, not in the library and not in the list "bought but not in your ipad".
I tried the store but could not connect to the list "already bougt".... When i looked up steve jobs biography, i was suggested to download it, but i did not do that, as i already had bought and payed...

After returning to the Netherlands i opened my ibooks...no book. I went the list "not on ipad": no book. I connected to the store, went to the " already bougt" list and there it was ( with a cloud-sign next to it. After clicking the cloud-sign, i received the book (again).

Can anybody explain what happened? Does this mean that a book you bought and payed for, cannot be read in another zone, like the dvd-regions?

Thanks for your help,

Greetings from holland.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

image-3132116006.png

So what is the difference between moby dick (stayed readable in israel), and steve... the only clou is in self help, which i uploaded in israel and in the cloud now.... But here i can see the store, which was not possible in israel.

Last edited:

davidalan99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Was automatic download set to enable prior to downloading your book.
Remember this all part of your apple id. You must be on the same ID.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

OP
fdeath

fdeath

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes i had that option 'on'... Thanks for your reply, but i was on the same identity...

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions