What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I would like to buy an app, but..........................

I

islandman

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
I

islandman

Actually, I threw caution to the wind and did it. I'm quite pleased with myself as normally I would want to have guidance. I've now paid for rain-alarm which as a weather watcher, gives me much satisfaction, ah well, now I know how easy it is,I might buy something else.

rasmith1959

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have never paid for an app, but am seriously thinking of doing so, but don't know how to go about it/procedure.

Clearly it will be from the App Store and whereas those that are free, the button says "get" and you enter your password, What will happen if the app is chargeable, how does that work?

Something else please, assuming I able to pay/install it, if by accident I should delete it, is it retrievable?.

I know you can't press a button and it's gone, due to the shaking and "are you sure?" procedure, but if there was a way of deleting it they hadn't discovered, no doubt I would find it being slightly clumsy.

Once you've purchased an app it's yours to keep. Even if you've deleted it by accident or otherwise, you'll be able to download it again and not be charged a second time. You can even use the paid app on other iOS devices that are linked to the same Apple ID. With the new Family Sharing feature you can share your paid apps with other family members if the app developer allows it.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

OP
I

islandman

Thank you for that. It's all a bit of a learning curve for me. I don't have any other iOS devices, mind you, my son-in-law has an iphone with this app on,so maybe he could have shared it with me, my guess is that he didn't know of it, or how to do it.

As for being able to download it again, if it were to be lost, I have the knowledge now that it can be installed again.

thanks again

rasmith1959

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank you for that. It's all a bit of a learning curve for me. I don't have any other iOS devices, mind you, my son-in-law has an iphone with this app on,so maybe he could have shared it with me, my guess is that he didn't know of it, or how to do it.

As for being able to download it again, if it were to be lost, I have the knowledge now that it can be installed again.

thanks again

Not a problem and you're welcome. As a side note if you have a PC and iTunes you can sync the contents of your iOS device with your PC. You can set it up so that as a part of the sync process your downloaded apps are saved onto your PC. This makes it easier to restore any app that was accidentally deleted since you wouldn't have to download it again.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

OP
I

islandman

Yes rasmith1959, I have a laptop. I'm not to happy about syncing. When I had an android tablet, I synced and everything but the kitchen sink came over and as my ipad is 16gb, if I synced with laptop, surely I would reduce what space I have left ?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes rasmith1959, I have a laptop. I'm not to happy about syncing. When I had an android tablet, I synced and everything but the kitchen sink came over and as my ipad is 16gb, if I synced with laptop, surely I would reduce what space I have left ?
I don't know how it works in Android but when syncing your iPhone with iTunes you decide exactly what will sync, from nothing all the way to everything.

OP
I

islandman

I don't know how it works in Android but when syncing your iPhone with iTunes you decide exactly what will sync, from nothing all the way to everything.

OK, thanks, will give some thought then.

Most reactions

Latest posts