What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I went to play with a new ipad.

rushmore69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you guys far sighted? ;)

I have tried or owned every main stream tablet that exists and the difference with images, comics and the web is profound. Even the scaling of lower res apps is a LOT better than the iPad 2 and Android tablets.

This is coming from a die hard Android phone and tablet user. Respectfully, there is no comparison and almost every review concurs.

I was so impressed, I bought a 64gb new iPad.

If you do not have an iPad 2, it is a no brainer, but more subjective if you already have one.

Last edited:

phonegeek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you guys far sighted? ;)

I have tried or owned every main stream tablet that exists and the difference with images, comics and the web is profound. Even the scaling of lower res apps is a LOT better than the iPad 2 and Android tablets.

This is coming from a die hard Android phone and tablet user. Respectfully, there is no comparison and almost every review concurs.

I was so impressed, I bought a 64gb new iPad.

If you do not have an iPad 2, it is a no brainer, but more subjective if you already have one.
you are 100% correct the ipad screen is better than any android tablet out to date. but i have to keep it real and also add that it's not all about the screen. i am so close to returning mine. but not before i go to the apple store to see if thoes things can't be fixed. if they can be fixed then i'll keep it. if not then i may have to return it and get an android tablet. like i said in the begging of this post it's not all about the screen.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Twism86 said:
I was just at the apple store yesterday. The screen is much nicer obviously. If I could sell my current iPad for $400 I would upgrade to another 32GB WIFI model. I dont think I could get that much for it though. It was quick too, but not much more noticeably. I only tested the internet on it and im sure the apple stores wifi is quicker than mine at home. I would like a new one for the screen as im looking at mine for a few hours a day but its hard justify the extra cash when I have other things to pay for.

I sold mine on amazon.com for $414. Could have gotten more on eBay or Craig's List.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
phonegeek said:
you are 100% correct the ipad screen is better than any android tablet out to date. but i have to keep it real and also add that it's not all about the screen. i am so close to returning mine. but not before i go to the apple store to see if thoes things can't be fixed. if they can be fixed then i'll keep it. if not then i may have to return it and get an android tablet. like i said in the begging of this post it's not all about the screen.

What things? I scanned back through this thread and cannot find your gripes. If you expect flash or USB, forget it.....never going to happen.

Wingless

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It took some people a few tries with "defective" tablets to get the right one, which is very worth it to have by far the best tablet out right now.

Contra

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadjunkies.net
Lol...the res is far better, it has a 4 core processor...but that is the only thing that is an advantage to me...I gotta look the cost difference

, is that worth it...maybe

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

OP
A

Andyvalver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Contra said:
Lol...the res is far better, it has a 4 core processor...but that is the only thing that is an advantage to me...I gotta look the cost difference

, is that worth it...maybe

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

It has a duel core processor with a quad core graphics chip. The same chip as in the iPad 2 bar the extra graphics.

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It has a duel core processor with a quad core graphics chip. The same chip as in the iPad 2 bar the extra graphics.
I used to look at spec's but the truth is that for normal users - ie. non-programmers - it really does not matter if it has a 1 core 5Ghz processor or 30 core 200 mhz processors. As far as processing power is concerned you only need to look at how quickly does it respond for normal day to day tasks.

This is indeed where modern benchmarks have gone recently - they did away with a lot of low level and are using things like game frames per second, or database or document writes/reads... etc... you know things that you would actully notice in day to day use.

These days when I buy anything computer related I only look at how well does it work and what it will do for me.

Wingless

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well people see how it works for them too, but specs show exactly what it has. And peoples day to day use can easily be playing hardcore games in which the best tablets graphics chip does a lot for them.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
You should have went to an apple store. There, they have a new iPad next to all computer models and mobile devices. I went with my GF on Sunday. We looked at the Air, the Pros, the iMacs, the iPods, etc...and finally she said...hey, the display on these iPads is much better than on all of these other screens...and if you look at those screens you could easily see the fuzzy text on their displays. But the iPad was crisp and sharp. I had to ask a sales person to be sure those were really the new iPad they had next to EVERY single device in the store! I wonder if they are doing that in every store across the US?

If there aren't any crowds. I am afraid to go to my local Apple stores yet!!

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.1 Update From NYC!!! using iPF.net

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well people see how it works for them too, but specs show exactly what it has. And peoples day to day use can easily be playing hardcore games in which the best tablets graphics chip does a lot for them.

I have to disagree with you there. Specs can only show something useful if you are - excuse the pun - comparing apples to apples. If I give you two different chips - even from the same manufacturer you will see that a chip with lower speed can beat the pants off of a chip with higher speed due to efficiency. However, that is not even accounting for programming advances.
Many people talk about specs, however, not being programmers they have no idea how to extract anything useful from it. Even playing a hardcore game - what would you rather know? How quickly the game responds, what features it is missing due to hardware, and how many frames per second you get on a particular piece of hardware - or - the specs of some new peice of hardware that the game will eventually be written to run on?

Most reactions

Latest posts