What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I want the new iPhone 4S ~ But I got the Samsung Galaxy SII !

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
I know! I have seen all it can do. I love the name too! And it checks your calendar too for you. I need that!

I need the calendar thing too! I have an android phone right now, and while i realize it was verizon's worst android phone that came out in 2010, no way I want another one. 4S or bust!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That is hilarious. I had heard of this yesterday. I suppose there will always be words that in some countries will have a different meaning.

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The 4S is 3G, yeah, but my mom's iPhone 4 seems fast enough for my liking!

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh....and you think that his fast enough? I just can't wait to get this damn phone. Today I had to wait forever for my BB to stop hourglassing or pull the battery! This is BS and I am done. So done. Who wants a phone you have to do battery swipes all the time? And it seems to be a common practice over at Crackberry.

ripoff_logo.png

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My dad has a Storm and actually bought himself a new battery recently. I have an android but my phone has a million things wrong with it - with nothing running and wifi and 3G both off, the battery will overheat and the phone will die, I don't receive most of my calls, I don't receive some of my texts nor do some of my texts ever reach their recipients. Pain in the ass.

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So ~ you can't get 4G with the new iphone? Only 3G? I was at the Sprint site checking things out.

post #10, i posted this link, Why You Want to Buy the iPhone 4S on AT&T

plus more info

AT&T is working with Apple to put a "4G" icon on the iPhone 4S to represent its faster Internet connection, reps from the carrier say. If Apple agrees, it would be the first time any carrier has laid claim to a 4G icon on the iPhone.
The AT&T iPhone, with its HSPA 14.4 network connectivity, has a faster data connection than either the Verizon or Sprint models, both of which use EV-DO Rev. A technology. Real-world download speeds, according to PCMag's own testing, are about 3-4Mbps with a good connection. By comparison, Verizon's 3G network averaged 700kbps down, with peaks of 2.5Mbps, while Sprint's got just 480kbps on average, with peaks of 2.22Mbps.
While the AT&T iPhone 4S is faster than the other U.S. models (at least on paper), whether or not it deserves the label "4G" is another matter entirely. Up until late last year, the International Telecommunications Union (ITU) set a standard for 4G so high that not even Verizon's speedy LTE network qualified. It didn't stop service providers from using the term in marketing material, but it provided some basis for a benchmark.

the source AT&T Wants to Put a '4G' Icon on the iPhone 4S | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Siri looks nifty (+1 for Wolfram, which I didn't know about). I'm not sure how much I'd actually use it, though.

I like the name, but (lol) this is funny:

Apple's Siri is Apple's buttocks in Japan | Apple - CNET News
Ha! That is pretty funny. Siri is actually the name of the company Apple acquired back in April 2010 (for a paltry $200MM) that had developed the program initially. I was surprised they kept the name...kind of unusual for Apple, but I guess they thought it was a good name...or maybe it was part of the deal...who knows? Still funny.

Noted this in the article...

Personally, I can't wait for the day when I can make dinner reservations, buy movie tickets, or find a taxi on any major smartphone without breaking a sweat -- or tapping on a tiny keyboard.
Looks like he's a little less than 48 hours away from living his dream! :thumbs:

Ultimately I think Siri will end up being one of Steve Job's biggest legacies. It's not far from what Captain Kirk had at his disposal on the Enterprise...and this is first gen. Imagine what it will probably evolve into!

See full article from DailyFinance: Apple's Siri Purchase Heats Up the Race Toward a Voice-Activated Future - DailyFinance

Last edited:

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh....and you think that his fast enough? I just can't wait to get this damn phone. Today I had to wait forever for my BB to stop hourglassing or pull the battery! This is BS and I am done. So done. Who wants a phone you have to do battery swipes all the time? And it seems to be a common practice over at Crackberry.
I had a Samsung Stupid, er, Smart Phone once that had the same issues. When I mentioned to a co-worker that I was sick and tired of pulling the battery every time it froze up or crashed (about once a week)...he said he didn't mind. Seriously?!!

You can't even get to the iPhone's battery (at least without major surgery), and for good reason. You never have to. :)

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
richsadams said:
You can't even get to the iPhone's battery (at least without major surgery), and for good reason. You never have to. :)
Touché!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts