What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I want the new iPhone 4S ~ But I got the Samsung Galaxy SII !

Status
Not open for further replies.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just successfuly preordered my iPhone 4S. I opted for the 32GB ATT model. Black of course. I chose ATT because they have better coverage and reliability in my area than Verizon and Sprint will never again get my business. Ive had BBs and Androids and am fed up with all of them. I have had an original ipod touch since it was first released and have always been impressed with it. I actually started with an original iPod way back when, but only upgraded after it was stolen. Recently i purchased an iPad 2 and was blown away by its rediculous amount of "badassery"! It caused me to convert from Windows after 15 years to a new Mac Mini 2.5Ghz i5 just last week. With the press confence on the fourth, I was sold on iphone 4s. If i had already owned an iphone 4 i think i would have waited to upgrade, but coming from android which i used to love, i had to go ahead for the iphone 4s. Now what to do with this stupid black hunk of Motorola. It seems so miniscule in comparison now!

Sent from my iPad using iPF
Congrats on your new "baby", you will absolutely love it (based on my experience with my iPhone 4). :thumbs:

Enjoy!

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
59638.jpg

Yep. So far I am at, according to this plan, $109 a month. That does not include tax. I will probably use AT&T.

That is a lot of money to talk on a damn phone. Would be about $90 more a month for me, since I now pay $60. But I am sick of all the money I have spent on phones over the years and I never keep them, damnit!

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jealous of the pre order. Can't get my 4S til Christmas because I don't have the money for it nor is my contract up. I'll get the black 16gb though. I look forward to the day when I can throw my current Android out the window.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jealous of the pre order. Can't get my 4S til Christmas because I don't have the money for it nor is my contract up. I'll get the black 16gb though. I look forward to the day when I can throw my current Android out the window.

Right there with ya, woman. I am going to get the 16GB and black too. But not til xmas or after:(

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
Right there with ya, woman. I am going to get the 16GB and black too. But not til xmas or after:(

We can suffer in the meantime, together! Silver lining?

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oops! I thought you were a boy!. Your avatar is misleading! Can I join in the wishing but not getting it brigade?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We can suffer in the meantime, together!

I'm practicing self-denial. I want one, but it's like trying not to scarf down yet another scone with clotted cream before dinner.

I want the Samsung Note, ETA unknown in the U.S. If the UK reviews end up sucking in November, I probably will get a 4S. Unless I crack before then!

Last edited:

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You'll crack. Money prevents me! I've watched YouTube videos of that Siri and it sure does look like a magical thing. Sod the rest, just give me Siri!

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You can see the benefits can't you? Email your mates by voice, telling her to pencil in meetings at work and home, the weather.... I'm salivating already. Wish I waited. Oh, well, Ce la vie!

Last edited by a moderator:

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, you probably have more meetings and appointments than me. But I can definitely see the benefits. When you get it, you must tell me how much I need it!!!!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But you'll have problems with your students. It's linked into the Wolfram maths service so you can ask it 'What is the integral of sin(x) from x=1 to x=pi?' and it will tell you the answer....how cool is that!!

Tim

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Very cool indeed. But you are forgetting that in secondary school they are not allowed their devices out in class unless given permission to. I can see your point though. I am not so harsh being a device-aholic myself. I let my students use them for calculators. They can't access the Internet without the password in KA. By the way Tim, my it chap in KA informs me that we are going totally wireless which must mean something is coming that my Apple devices will love.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts