What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I want my iPad back!

dropdead

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad2 went missing yesterday and I don't think I had mobileme or anything like that. If someone restores it to factory settings or turns it off will I be able to track it down?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you did not have one of the tracking apps like Find My iPhone on it, then there isn't anything you can do to find it. Even then, if it was a thief they probably know enough to turn it off and/or restore it as soon as possible.

If you believe it was stolen, report it along with the serial number to the police. You might get lucky and they will get caught with it still in their possession.

OP
D

dropdead

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Twerppoet,

So it looks like I'm basicaly out of luck. I'll try to report it stolen but its probably long gone. Thanks for the help.

debsylvania

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you had created an iCloud acct on your iPad, your iPad will show up via the "Find my iphone" function at www.icloud.com if whoever has it has the iPad turned on and it's tapping the internet. This goes for wifi ipads as well... they just have to be using wifi to show up.

I didn't realize this function was available until my son showed it to me yesterday. So, logging in to your icloud account, and clicking on the "Find my phone" button at icloud's home screen will pinpoint the location of your ipad on the map if it's currently connected to the internet. You can also instruct your iPad to make a sound, or send a message to the iPad.

Last edited:

Bluesjam

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That's one good reason to have iCloud. And when I went there I would be wearing my tee shirt that says "Body piercing by 1911".

Most reactions

Latest posts