What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I want an iPad 2 but how do I do it

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You will backup your 1 in Itunes and sync your 2 to that backup. I think there is a thread here with quite explicit directions.

Diane

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You'll also need to use the Transfer Purchases option with the old iPad first, just incase there is stuff on your iPad that isn't in iTunes. A normal sync doesn't always move stuff on the iPad into iTunes.

You'll find the option under the Files menu, or by right clicking on the iPad under Devices.

After that it is just a matter of connecting your new device, letting iTunes initialize it, syncing, and then restoring from a backup.

I'm feeling too lazy to type it all out, so I went looking for a good link. I like this one. The only thing missing is the Transfer Purchases bit. I think they leave it out because a lot of tech sites haven't figured out that people are using their iPads as almost stand alone devices.

How to migrate from your old iPad to a new model | Tablets | iOS Central | Macworld

Don't worry about it being Mac centric. It's close enough that you should be able to follow it using Windows.

Most reactions

Latest posts