What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I wanna move!

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
plus in the field that you work in there got to be times that you want to say to the judge you need to lock the person up and never let them out again in a normal soceity or you coworkers or a boss who are so stupid that they are beening lead by the nose by some of the socalled groups that you work with or someone in the group who thinks that they know it better and you but never worked in the field is trying to tell you how it should be done with some of the kids..

You are a trip, my Friend. :) Thanks, Henry!

Marie, I totally get where you're at. And moving is scary enough in itself, so much change....but seriously, if you want it do it! You can always come back! Are you able to take a leave of absence? That way you can check out the areas and feel out jobs and if it doesn't pan out come back...

I know California is not making it very easy to stay!

I love Cali. It is HERE, in Sac....and the people and my friends, and the men and co workers.....

I want out, B.:(

If could, I would move back down to the city, SF. But that is way to expensive.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Making a living is secondary to your happiness. There are jobs out there as long as you are willing to be flexible. If Sacramento isn't doing it for you any more, then it looks like the decision shouldn't be that hard.

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
plus in the field that you work in there got to be times that you want to say to the judge you need to lock the person up and never let them out again in a normal soceity or you coworkers or a boss who are so stupid that they are beening lead by the nose by some of the socalled groups that you work with or someone in the group who thinks that they know it better and you but never worked in the field is trying to tell you how it should be done with some of the kids..

You are a trip, my Friend. :) Thanks, Henry!

I know in your line of work you got to feel that no matter at the end of the day with some of the people that you work for it got ot be something better out there for me to go and do something better with my life than deal with this socalled two groups that you work with ..one beening the socalled person who did what they did in the first place to bring them into contact with you and the second group is the socalled ..do gooder types who think they are doing the right thing at the time ..

the problem is that you have to many socalled do gooders groups out there in the job telling everyone that this is the reason why this person or that person is doing what they did to another human beening ..

we are now on that slippy path of trying to do right and now it turned into the path of thorn bush no matter where we turn at in the path of justice for the victim in the case ..

dflenick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I moved from Toronto to Los Angeles in 1990 and back to Toronto in 2008. It's not so hard if you're modivated - i.e. can't find work! It's not so bad up here if you can put up with snow for a few months. Besides, there is free health care!!!! :D

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Consider the Oklahoma City area, northern Texas, and maybe Little Rock. Many people that I am aware of have left CA for this area. The demographics are going to be close to what you are use to, and the living is easier. The bad news in Oklahoma, is that you have to declare for the record as a OU or OSU fan. Some places will not allow you inside without the proper card. There is no income tax in Texas, but you have to make an annual religeous donation to UT and the Cowboys. Arkansas does not have anything other than the Hogs, but Democrats have to make a annual pilgramige to the shrine of Bill Clinton. On Halloween, the Republican must pelt it with rotten tomatoes and toilet paper.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Take a hint from this festivity period. Being close to your family is what matters. When you live in a northern climate cooped up inside for months you learn that.

Wherever you are it's in your head and your heart that it all starts. If you need a change of environment and you are close to the ones you love, just move a few blocks away.

Don't give up your job. Harder periods are about to come.

Oh, the irony... I was laid off today. Termination effective tomorrow.:(

I'm on a call back list for march. Anybody needs a cabinetmaker till then?

Flinthills

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What if it's just the holiday hype/family issues taking center stage? how did you feel in the summer?

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bumping this up for Marie.

For me though this has been ongoing for well over a year now.

I was thinking of this through out the day ~ I so don't want to lose focus and let life get in the way ~

Then I always end right back to this point. :(

I am sorry you are still dealing with this!

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Say a prayer, guys. Tomorrow is my daughter's surgery. It's just tonsils, but she's trippin a bit. :(

I'm only trippin because I must spend the 6 hour wait in the same waiting room as my ex.

I'm bringing Paddy with me and a book and whatever else I can think of! Don't miss me too much.:D

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
, you are going to have to eventually find a job somewhere else.

Did you think I was not going to work when I moved? I have been looking on CL in both of those cities and there are quite a few great jobs I am qualified for ~ which is great!

And the rents there, OMG. Amazing. But the cost of living is not high either, so my income will go down.

Don't base a move on that. I spent a month an half on a road trip looking for work from Sacramento to Seattle.

I was unemployed for 14 months. 65-70k was my salary range. The best offer I got was 55k in areas that cost of living is higher than Colorado. What I learned was companies are taking advantage of the poor economy. With a high number of people looking for a job.. If I qualify, and you do too and I state I'd like 65k a year, and you say 55k, they will hire you.

Plus many of my interviews I asked how many applicants they are reviewing. Never less than 10. Or on the phone, I would feel them out how many days they were interviewing people. Usually 5 days (many times I was in Sacramento and got an interview in Seattle, or visa vera so I had to allow time for the drive between the two).

Just don't move on hopes. I learned that the hard way.

Best thing to do is if you have pto at your current job, take a week or two if you're serious. A week before your trip, send out resumes to anyone an everyone. Make sure to clear out your address. They won't call if they see your two states over. Schedule as many interviews as possible. Then on your trip look for housing, jobs, and your interviews. Learn the area and enjoy!!

Most reactions

Latest posts