What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Tunes Sync ??

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
On the I Tunes back up-screen, at the bottom one of the check boxes says "sync with this IPAD over Wi Fi".

Should I always have this box checked?

Thanks.....Ken

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It depends :)

If you use iTunes on your computer to download a song, it will be on your computer and not on your iPad. Syncing copies the song from your computer to the iPad so it will be in both places.

If you download a song from the iTunes store using your iPad, the tune will be on your iPad and not on your computer. You have the option of backing it up (syncing it) to your computer so you don't have to download it again from the net should it get erased from your iPad somehow.

Syncing can be done either through a USB cable connected between your iPad and your computer while running the iTunes program, or it can be done via WiFi. The WiFi backups happen silently in the background. You don't have to do anything.

If for some reason you don't want your music backed up to your computer via WiFi, then don't check the button. Offhand, I can't think of any reason that you wouldn't want this.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts