What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Tunes back up.....Times Two

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello all. Backed up my IPAD2 on ITUNES and would like to back up my Wife's. I Tunes didn't seem to need the password to do this.

If I plug in my Wife's IPAD, how will the two be kept separate?

Been letting the "cloud" do the backups but want backups closer to "home".

Thanks!! Ken

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello all. Backed up my IPAD2 on ITUNES and would like to back up my Wife's. I Tunes didn't seem to need the password to do this.

If I plug in my Wife's IPAD, how will the two be kept separate?

Been letting the "cloud" do the backups but want backups closer to "home".

Thanks!! Ken
iTunes knows which backup goes with which iPad, but to keep things straight from your perspective you can give each iPad it's own name. This will attach that name to the backups stored in iTunes.

Last edited:
OP
Kenworth

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iTunes knows which b goes with which iPad, but to keep things straight from your perspective you can give each iPad it's own name. This will attach that name to the backups stored in iTunes.

Thank you for the rapid response scifan.
I didn't want to start the backup just to mess up something......Ken

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
To name your iPads, go to Settings>General>About>Name and choose a name for the iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts