What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I think I must be stupid

johannah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Everyone! I am new to this site.
I have looked everywhere for an answer to my problem to no avail so I must assume I am more ignorant than the average Ipad user.
It concerns the charging plug which came in the box.
Two parts...I put them both together and connected the cable.
Was successful in charging but found I had to wedge the two parts together to stop falling apart. What am I doing wrong?

bastones

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The two parts connect together in a particular way...it should be fine. Check Google images and compare images of the iPad charger you find to how yours is.

K1W1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The two parts of the charger click together fairly solidly. If you need to add a wedge either you haven't seated things home or you have a faulty charger. Obviously a trip to an Apple store would solve the latter issue.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
USB side of the cable goes into the charger. (the white block)
The wider side goes into the iPad with the little rectangle logo on the top facing up.
Easy. :)

And might I recommend titling your thread something helpful that describes your problem such as "charger assembly issue" or something to that effect. It makes things easier. :)

Last edited:
OP
J

johannah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks to everyone who replied
Yes you are right I was not pushing the two parts together firmly enough .
I was afraid to force it too much but obviously that was what the problem was.
Thanks everyone. Easy when you know how!!

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Re the thread title, I don't think you've been stupid at all - you were sensible and careful! :)

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DM51 said:
Re the thread title, I don't think you've been stupid at all - you were sensible and careful! :)

That's what I think. If you haven't been around electronics a lot then of course there will be some starter questions.
Good to ask then destroy the iPad in the process.

Plainsman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have found that the Larger Hammer school of mechanics seldom works with electronics.

seess

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Everyone! I am new to this site.
I have looked everywhere for an answer to my problem to no avail so I must assume I am more ignorant than the average Ipad user.
It concerns the charging plug which came in the box.
Two parts...I put them both together and connected the cable.
Was successful in charging but found I had to wedge the two parts together to stop falling apart. What am I doing wrong?
the two parts can be put together firmly.
Perhaps the parts are broken if you can not put them together. please visit an apple store and let them see.

arbor53

iPF Noob
Reaction score
seess said:
the two parts can be put together firmly.
Perhaps the parts are broken if you can not put them together. please visit an apple store and let them see.

Not having a go but if read 4 posts down from the top the op solved the issue.

Most reactions