What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I still not understands

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi, to everyone as wrote above why to folder on ipad4 desktop 1)music 2)video. Which I understand is if I download any video it's goes in this folder. Second one of my friend send me his kid snaps and 3min video via mail but I can run that video. Tks.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Mail app on your iPad can open many different kinds of attachments. That's the reason why you can watch those videos there. But they really are just there, if you don't transfer them to an app on your device. So if you delete the email, the attachment will be gone as well.

OP
jaba123

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi,J.A
No no, normally when I chk mail on PC we can double click then if we install any media software like VCL player will play or if I what to download clip we also. But in safari I can't 2nd why these 2 folder and what the use I mean at the front of desktop if u said then I send u screen shot.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Safari can't save files to the Video app. Maybe the Mail app can, because there you're able to "Open In...". I don't have a video to try it. Safari can open the file directly. Sometimes - not always - you can choose to "Open In...". The browser's capability is limited on an iPad.

OP
jaba123

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I had video in mail And I to see now what I do tell me also tell me other folder issue

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
What you can find in the Music app, are the songs you purchased in iTunes Store on your iPad, or music synced to the iPad using iTunes on your computer. It's not possible to transfer or open songs from another app to/in Music, afaik.

OP
jaba123

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No I did not purchase it's mean if but the song goes in this folder

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
With folder, do you mean the Music app on your iPad? It's not possible to save other content there. You can't access the app with the Open In.. feature to load music to the app. There are only the two possibilities I mentioned in the post before.

OP
jaba123

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
And mail who I run should I download any player

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's a good idea, if the Mail app can't show/open a file. There are some apps that can play videos or music files. You'll have to take a look at the kind of files that an app can show/play.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts