What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I see someone with AT&T unlimited can connect...can TMobile?

Ilmbg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I see someone who has AT&T unlimited Internet could connect with iPad 3.
Could I do this with my TMobile unlimited cell phone? It would be solo much easier to view the iPad vs the cell phone.
I have unlimited talk/text/web. Can I somehow transfer that to the iPad like the guy who did with AT&T?
Thanks

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, you cannot directly use T-Mobile on your iPad. However, if your T-Mobile plan allows for tethering, you can use your phone as a hot spot. With a hot spot, you phone would broadcast a WiFi signal that your iPad could connect to and use.

Check with your carrier to see if (1) your phone is capable of creating a hot spot (not all are) and (2) see if they allow tethering.

Good luck.

Marilyn

gyropilot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unfortunately, you cannot directly use T-Mobile on your iPad.
Actually you can if you use one of T-Mobile's broadband data passes. I'm using a T-Mobile prepaid monthly pass right now on my AT&T iPad 3. It works great with over 10Mbps download and 2-3 Mbps upload in an area recently refarmed on the 1900Mhz band.

Best regards,

John L.

Sent from an iPad 3 using Tapatalk HD!

Most reactions

Latest posts