What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

i phone help in choosing

charles khan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can anyone help. I am about to change my phone from a samsung to an I phone to syn with my I pad. On my budget the choice is between a 4s 8gb or a 5c 16 gb. Apart from the extra gb what is the essential difference. I only need the space for photos and music. I don't bother much with gaming.

Thanks

CK

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Can anyone help. I am about to change my phone from a samsung to an I phone to syn with my I pad. On my budget the choice is between a 4s 8gb or a 5c 16 gb. Apart from the extra gb what is the essential difference. I only need the space for photos and music. I don't bother much with gaming. Thanks CK
The most important differences are that the 5C has the faster A6 chip and LTE data capability. If you have a lot of photos and movies, you may want to consider the 32GB 5C, if you can afford it. In addition, as the iPhone 5C, was just introduced in September, it will receive support and new firmware updates for longer than the 4S, which was first introduced in the fall of 2011.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Larger (taller) screen, a better camera, and support for pretty much all of Apple's new iOS 7 features. The 5C is just a better phone all around. Well, except for the design. I kind of liked the 4S design better, but there is nothing wrong with the looks of the 5C. Personal tastes.

If you can afford the difference in price, the 5C is better technically and looking forward support wise.

Of course that is even more true of the 5S, but you have to draw the price/line somewhere.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I agree with the other comments, you would be much better with the 5c....by the way why don't you join our sister forum iPhoneForums.net.

Last edited:

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
And the 5c feels much lighter than my 4S. The wifi is better, much faster data speeds on cellular to. The camera is a step up as well. When I get my new phone in a couple of months my 4S will become a 32GB iPod to use in my car

OP
C

charles khan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for all your helpful comments. Looks like it will be the 5c

Drew wal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi , the 5c would be the logical choice .
Why spend new money on old hardware ? Get the best you can afford , in this case the 5c would be obvious. :)

Sent from my awesome iPhone 5S 64gb Gold using ipf

OP
C

charles khan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
so I took everyones advice and now have my 5C. I now have another question. How do I get the music off my samsung s2 and onto my i phone/ i pad?

thanks

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You'll need to export it, somehow, to the computer. Then import it into iTunes on the computer. From there you can sync it to the iPhone.

If you are willing to use third party apps, not the built in Music app, Amazon and Google offer streaming-play services that might be easier to convert to, since they are supported on both platforms.

Most reactions

Latest posts