1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

I Pad Won't Power Up and Won't connect to I Tunes

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by dikamp, Sep 3, 2010.

1. dikamp

dikamp iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This happened a few days ago and I was able to connect to I Tunes and repower. But now I am staring at a black hole.
  2. dikamp

dikamp iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just tried a cold boot by holding down the Home button and the on off switch for more than 10 seconds a finally the apple came on and because it was connected to the computer, it is now displaying a I Tunes logo and the end of the USB cable. I Tunes suggested if I was having trouble to restore factory settings. So I'm doing that. Any down side?
  3. maddoc4277

maddoc4277 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Initially, this sounds like a depleted battery. Be sure that you have a fully charged battery.

Being connected to the itunes, you shoud be able to have been auitomatically backed up.

By restoring, you will lose the data you entered: photos, music, contacts, notes, apps... but they will all be backed by by the itunes and whatever contact list you are using.

My suspiciaon tho is that the "black hole" is that the battery is/was critically low... put it on its charger for 6-8 hours, see what happens beofre you do anything.

just my 0.02

davis