I Pad Won't Power Up and Won't connect to I Tunes

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by dikamp, Sep 3, 2010.

1. dikamp

dikamp iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This happened a few days ago and I was able to connect to I Tunes and repower. But now I am staring at a black hole.

2. dikamp

dikamp iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just tried a cold boot by holding down the Home button and the on off switch for more than 10 seconds a finally the apple came on and because it was connected to the computer, it is now displaying a I Tunes logo and the end of the USB cable. I Tunes suggested if I was having trouble to restore factory settings. So I'm doing that. Any down side?

3. maddoc4277

maddoc4277 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Initially, this sounds like a depleted battery. Be sure that you have a fully charged battery.

Being connected to the itunes, you shoud be able to have been auitomatically backed up.

By restoring, you will lose the data you entered: photos, music, contacts, notes, apps... but they will all be backed by by the itunes and whatever contact list you are using.

My suspiciaon tho is that the "black hole" is that the battery is/was critically low... put it on its charger for 6-8 hours, see what happens beofre you do anything.

just my 0.02

davis