What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I-Pad Slow

agh55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hopefully someone can help, I have 2 I-pads, both approx same age. One there is no problem with speed, however, the second one is at times very slow. When using safari I regularly get this message, " this page cannot be opened because the server cannot be found). Also, Youtube searches are very slow.
I'm not sure of the exact model (In General is it is called an I-Pad, it is the thin version), but it was purchased new in October 2014. It has a capacity of 16GB with 5GB available. It is running IOS version 11.2.6.
I have tried the following;
1: Re-booting the Hub
2: Resetting network settings
3: Tried resetting with both buttons

Last edited:

Ryansege

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check if there are any recent updates? or if you think your iPad was stable on the previous OS update, then go for a downgrade. Also, keep as less app in the background running, this looks like a buggy software, Please also confirm the generation of your devices

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Check if there are any recent updates? or if you think your iPad was stable on the previous OS update, then go for a downgrade. Also, keep as less app in the background running, this looks like a buggy software, Please also confirm the generation of your devices
Downgrading is not possible as Apple is currently signing only the current public release of iOS 11.2.6.

OP
A

agh55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, thanks for your reply, I'll check all the apps I have on the slow I-pad, delete the one, not in use and delete and reload the ones that are kept. How do I confirm the generation of the devices.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, thanks for your reply, I'll check all the apps I have on the slow I-pad, delete the one, not in use and delete and reload the ones that are kept. How do I confirm the generation of the devices.
Go to Settings - General - About - Model. You should see the model number there. It‘s an A followed by 4 digits. If it‘s not there, tap the number displayed there once, and it will change to the number you need for identifying your device:
7DE1F945-0F07-4FF0-B398-91C0630F062A.jpeg

Compare the model number with the ones in this list:
Identify your iPad model

Btw:
It‘s not recommended to force close apps after using them. Most of them don‘t work in the background; they „freeze“, and when you open the app again, they start from where you left them.

OP
A

agh55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, apologies for the delay, I was away on business, both I-pads I own are exactly the same model, A1566

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Then they are the iPad Air 2, Wi-Fi only.

Remove apps you don‘t use any more.
In Safari, close all the tabs. Also clear your Safari history and website data.
Disable Background App Refresh in Settings - General.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts