What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I-pad or netbook??? DSL loading

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello all you knowledgeable people.......

I currently have two desktops.

Want a small wireless portable but don't know if I can load the Verizon DSL program on the I-Pad so it looks the same and the Dell and E-machines >when/if< I eventually get one.

Want to be able to use the Verizon "Priemum MSN" on the I-Pad. which is part of the DSL program.

Has anyne done this?....Or would I be better off with a Netbook?

All I really need is e-mail access and a little web surfing.

Thanks for any help......Ken :)

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't use Verizon, but as far as I know, there is not Verizon app for the iPad. I have DSL service from my local telco and it was simply a matter of putting in a wireless router.

Last edited:
OP
Kenworth

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I-Pad DSL Verizon Program Loading

I don't use Verizon, but as far as I know, there is not Verizon app for the iPad. I have DSL service from my local telco and it was simply a matter of putting in a wireless router.
=========================================================

Thanks for the reply. So I suppose I won't be able to load my Verizon DSL program disk to the I-Pad? I knpw I need a wireless router, I'm OK with that part of it.

I've had the DSL program on my Windows Dell machine for years.

I'm just learning about the I-Pad and I gather all you can load are these Apple applications I see them selling?? Thanks....Ken

I may not be asking the right questions..........not sure.....Thanks (again)

OP
Kenworth

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I-Pad and Verizon's DSL Program Disk

if you have a wireless router at your home it will work. If you dont you will have to buy one for about $30

Thanks MikesToolz.....I'm fine with the router part. I just want to load the Verizon DSL program disk I have on my Windows Dell, to an I-PAD. Can you load things to the I-Pad..say from an external drive??

Don't know much about the I-Pad yet, as you can tell.

Need to know if it will work before I by an I-Pad and find it won't work...Thanks...Ken

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
if you have a wireless router at your home it will work. If you dont you will have to buy one for about $30

Thanks MikesToolz.....I'm fine with the router part. I just want to load the Verizon DSL program disk I have on my Windows Dell, to an I-PAD. Can you load things to the I-Pad..say from an external drive??

Don't know much about the I-Pad yet, as you can tell.

Need to know if it will work before I by an I-Pad and find it won't work...Thanks...Ken
No you cant load the verizon dsl dvd disc onto it. But you dont need to.

Once you purchase a wireless router, you connect it to your DSL modem at your home. Then all of your computers can be plugged into the router to get internet or if the computers have wireless capability they can just get internet from the wireless router without any cables.

Most reactions

Latest posts