What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Pad left in cold 30 degrees for 15 minutes

Drasencio11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a first generation IPAD. I took it to the store to show pictures to a friend. Then I went to get some food. I left it in the car it was about 30 something degrees. I go home and turn it on. It is blurry, fuzzy, lines etc. It was really rock cold, and for like the last 11 hours I have been trying to make it warm no success. Does anyone know anything I can do. Or is this a lost cause? It charges, plays music, I can see half of a picture when I slide my finger to the left, it shuts off, slides on. Should I leave it on or off? Thanks!

Last edited:

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Maybe some moisture got inside. Get some rice or some of those silica gel packs. Put it all in a sealed bag and let it sit (try not to get stuff in the ports) for a day or so.

There is a cnet show called always on. They torture test devices by putting them in a freezer for 2hr. They always recover.

Last edited:

Husq250

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hmmm, my iPhone randomly sits in a vehicle well below 30 degrees for hours and I've never had a problem. Maybe it's a fluke, either way I'd try the rice trick I've read many times how that's helped people.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have a first generation IPAD. I took it to the store to show pictures to a friend. Then I went to get some food. I left it in the car it was about 30 something degrees. I go home and turn it on. It is blurry, fuzzy, lines etc. It was really rock cold, and for like the last 11 hours I have been trying to make it warm no success. Does anyone know anything I can do. Or is this a lost cause? It charges, plays music, I can see half of a picture when I slide my finger to the left, it shuts off, slides on. Should I leave it on or off? Thanks!

Hi there...I just deleted your other post as it was a duplicate of this one. Please do not do this since it makes it hard for other members to read and help you of there are multiple threads of the same topic present. It is also against forum rules.

Thank you.
Ski..
.iPadforums Moderator | iPhoneForums Moderator

Most reactions

Latest posts