What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I pad feature help

ablrleasing

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any ideas on "spotlight" search feature on I pad 2 . Trying to prevent content from previous e mail appearing when searching . e mails have previously been deleted and trashed but still appear in search for some reason .

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ablrleasing said:
Any ideas on "spotlight" search feature on I pad 2 . Trying to prevent content from previous e mail appearing when searching . e mails have previously been deleted and trashed but still appear in search for some reason .

By 'trashed' do you mean you took out the trash, I mean deleted the items in the trash file? If not they are still likely to be 'found' by a search.

Sent using my iPad 2 - 16Gb - Wi-Fi only

OP
A

ablrleasing

iPF Noob
Reaction score
By 'trashed' do you mean you took out the trash, I mean deleted the items in the trash file? If not they are still likely to be 'found' by a search.

. Yes , been deleted from trash and all e mail folders . However when searching in spotlight feature on I pad any letter searched for highlights deleted e mail from years ago . Example : I search "h" and any email within"h"in its title will appear in the spotlight search feature and highlight and become visible whether saved in e mail files or not . I'm trying to delete this info from the spotlight search so it does not appear when searching in spotlight.

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ablrleasing said:
. Yes , been deleted from trash and all e mail folders . However when searching in spotlight feature on I pad any letter searched for highlights deleted e mail from years ago . Example : I search "h" and any email within"h"in its title will appear in the spotlight search feature and highlight and become visible whether saved in e mail files or not . I'm trying to delete this info from the spotlight search so it does not appear when searching in spotlight.

Just because you have deleted them from your iPad does not mean they do not still exist on your email server. I didn't think that Spotlight search would look there, but perhaps it does. I'm sure someone else with superior knowledge will jump in here real soon.

OP
A

ablrleasing

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Roy Rob said:
Just because you have deleted them from your iPad does not mean they do not still exist on your email server. I didn't think that Spotlight search would look there, but perhaps it does. I'm sure someone else with superior knowledge will jump in here real soon.

Thanks ,
The e mails in question do not exist anywhere in my e mail folders as some of them are now nearly 1 year old .And were deleted straight away . When I make any search in spotlight the title and first line of the email is visible on the drop down menu , however when I click on said e mail nothing loads up . The problem is that the e mail appears in title and first line form only Anyone who has access to my I pad , children , partner etc can access this whilst searching harmlessly .
Dean

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks ,
The e mails in question do not exist anywhere in my e mail folders as some of them are now nearly 1 year old .And were deleted straight away . When I make any search in spotlight the title and first line of the email is visible on the drop down menu , however when I click on said e mail nothing loads up . The problem is that the e mail appears in title and first line form only Anyone who has access to my I pad , children , partner etc can access this whilst searching harmlessly .
Dean

No way superior knowledge, but as Roy Rob said, those emails can still be sitting in your ISP's account. Can you go into your Mail in that account and from there delete all the emails still sitting there?
Regards, Andrew

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts