1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

I PAD App for recording all pages and history

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by brendanjersey, Nov 16, 2011.

1. brendanjersey

brendanjersey iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Is it possible that there is an app for recording all pages and Internet sites visited on the I pad I know you got a history option but can be deleted . For example if my kids viewed a Facebook page and I want to see what was on it - is there such an app
  2. Pauley

Pauley iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I don't have an answer to your question, but maybe a little insight may help you refine your search a bit. If you record everything your children view, you could possibly run out of space. Is it possible that you are looking for something more in the line of something that would restrict what type of content they can view? I don't know if there is an app, but I know on a PC you can get software called net nanny. That is just one name that I remember. There are many more similar to that.
  3. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +120 / 0
    A couple of Members have asked this question before. There is no simple solution and no app, but there is a workaround.

Before handing over the iPad to your kids you visit a page that is known to you and you note the time.

You hand the iPad to the kids, telling them that you'll be monitoring their use of the iPad and that they must not delete the Safari history or they will no longer be allowed to use the iPad.

Now, when they return the iPad to you, check to see if that page you visited is still there in the history file and at the time you visited it. If your kids have deleted the history file and then, after visiting sites you don't want them to see, revisited the page that you initially visited, it will have a different time associated with the visit.

Tim
  4. brendanjersey

brendanjersey iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0