1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

i pad answers

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by jessms47@yahoo.com, Jan 2, 2011.

1. jessms47@yahoo.com

jessms47@yahoo.com iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I got a new ipad, but I don't have wireless service (WIFI). Should I purchase a router, and where can I get the bext price for the one I need?
  2. USBill

USBill iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    How do you normally get online?
  3. SBHOKC

SBHOKC iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I trust Linksys for my routers. I am assuming that you have Internet in your house through a modem, the router attaches to your modem. Purchase a router with N for the quickest upload and download speeds from your iPad. Best Buy will be able to answer your questions about them. I have a Linksys E3000 but you may be just fine with a E1000. Netgear is also a good router but I prefer Linksys for personal reasons. I hope this helps you.
  4. Byron

Byron iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Apple Express

I would suggest an Apple Airport Express. It is very simple to use, just plug it in and it works.
  5. Major Eazy

Major Eazy iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    While you are saving up and shopping around for a Wi-Fi router and all that, you could, in the meanwhile, for the time being, use free Wi-Fi access from McDonalds or any other Internet Cafes and so on. (Well, I live in the UK, so I'm not sure about what you have in the USA but I'm sure there's something similar.)

I don't have Wi-Fi internet at home either and hope to get one some day, until then, I tend to use either free Wi-Fi access when out and about, or use 3G.

Hope you get the kind of Wi-Fi set-up you seek.
  6. graywolf

graywolf iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +35 / 0
    Get a linksys. Plug it in, stick a cd in your computer and you are done! Great range and speed.