What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I pad air and I have to sign in everytime I check mail and home page..

Clamminfrank

iPF Noob
Reaction score
or anything else that I was once able to just click and open. Cookies are enabled but can't get my ipad to recognize them. What do I need to do to do? Have tried to enable anything that I think would help me but to no avail. Thanks in advance.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
For things in Safair, make sure you are not in Private mode. In Private mode Safari's URL and Tool bars will be a dark gray with white lettering and icons. Normal mode should be white bars with black and blue lettering. Private mode prevents the saving of Cookies and History.

To get out of Private mode tap on the double square icon at the top right of the screen, then tap the Private button until it is not highlighted.

If you are using the Mail app, and it keeps asking for your password, then you can try these two things. One is to open the settlings for the account and re-enter the password there. The second is to delete the email account and re-add it. Be sure the email account is an IMAP or Exchange account before deleting. POP3 accounts may require a bit more preperation to be sure you don't lose anything.

Note: The best setting for cookies is Allow from Current Website Only. The is the best combination of security and functionality. I wouldn't trust a site the requires more permissive settings.

OP
C

Clamminfrank

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Twerppoet, THANK YOU! I was somehow in private mode (which I still don't understand) and when I got out my problems were solved. I don't mean to look a gift techie in the mouth but do you have any suggestions as to how I can get my mail program to save items into the SENT folder after I send them? I use xfinity mail. Thanks again.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Twerppoet, THANK YOU! I was somehow in private mode (which I still don't understand) and when I got out my problems were solved. I don't mean to look a gift techie in the mouth but do you have any suggestions as to how I can get my mail program to save items into the SENT folder after I send them? I use xfinity mail. Thanks again.

Most email service setups will automatically save to an email folder; either local or no the server.

Xfinity is probably a POP3 account, which means the Sent folder will be local. Check with your email support and see if you can set it up as an IMAP account. This should let you save the Sent folder on the server, as well as being a more robust email setup for mobile devices.

You can check your email Sent folder setup this way.

Go to Mail, Contacts, Calendars and choose your Account. (My example is Yahoo, but other's should look similar)

image.png

Tap the account name at the top, then Advanced

image.png

Among other things this will give a you a list of standard folders to set up. The Sent folder should appear; though it may not. Gmail does not offer a Sent folder setup (because it has All Mail instead. If you don't see a Sent folder here, then your current service/setup does not support it. However, this is pretty unlikely.

image.png

Now you can select what folder you Sent folder will be saved to. The top option is to save it locally on the iPad. If you have a POP3 aqccount this will probably be your only choice. If you have an IMAP account you'll get a list of server folders. You should choose the Sent folder on the server if you have the option. This will keep your Sent folder sycnronized no matter what device or computer you are on.

This is the gest choice for all the Mailbox Behaviors on an IMAP or Exchange account.

image.png

Edit: Sorry if the post disappeard for a while. I had to redo some images, and the site would not let me delete the individula images, so I had to delete the entire post and re-do. Well, it wasn't that bad. I copied the text, so I didn't have to retype much.

OP
C

Clamminfrank

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks again for your response. Tried your suggestions but when I got into ADVANCED the SENT folder did not appear. So it would seem that my current service/setup does not support it. What confuses me is that for two years I did have a SENT folder but it has now disappeared. To keep a copy of something I send I include myself for a copy but this is cumbersome and seems unnecessary. Any other suggestions?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It looks like xfinity offers both POP and IMAP email servers. You should check your account and if it is not set up for IMAP, delete it off the iPad and add it agina, set up as described below. With a little luck, this should fix your Sent Folder issue, and improve other things as well.

Using Email Client Programs with Comcast Email

If it's already set up as IMAP, I still recommend deleting and re-adding the account. This often fixes strange server to client glitches.

Most reactions