What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I pad 3

mickeymost1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Could anyone tell me if the new ipad3 has got Adobe flash, and can the 4g work in great Britain . also if the new ipad3 has not got adobe flash then what can use instead , also what can I use on my I pad2 instead of adobe flash

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, and welcome to the forum. Good to "see" you.

The iPad3 will be no different from the other iPad versions when it comes to Flash - Flash doesnt work on the iPads. Please see this link: http://www.ipadforums.net/showthread.php?t=54703

So, if you don't mind, please, let's not talk about Flash here, 'kay?

As for the 4G question, I'm going to let people from the UK answer, cause I live in the USA. No sense me speculating on something I don't know about...

Marilyn

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
4G will not work outside of North America. It is expected when the UK gets decent coverage, a version may happen in future models.

Tim84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No 4G in the UK but as of today:

'UK communications regulator Ofcom has approved an application by Everything Everywhere to use its existing 1800MHz spectrum to deliver 4G services'

Shame new iPad 4G chip isn't on the 1800MHz frequency!!

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Could anyone tell me if the new ipad3 has got Adobe flash, and can the 4g work in great Britain . also if the new ipad3 has not got adobe flash then what can use instead , also what can I use on my I pad2 instead of adobe flash

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Hi Mickeymost1-

I just closed a thread that you posted today in the UK sub forum regarding flash support for the new iPad. Please refer to the sticky that both Marilyn and I gave you on each of your threads that you have created.

Thank you.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Since even the final frequencies have yet to be awarded for the British 4G service,Apple couldn't very well supply an iPad compatible with British 4G frequencies.Rest assured that by the time 4G service is initiated in Britain,compatible iPads will be available.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since even the final frequencies have yet to be awarded for the British 4G service,Apple couldn't very well supply an iPad compatible with British 4G frequencies.Rest assured that by the time 4G service is initiated in Britain,compatible iPads will be available.

I expect that will be the case eventually, but OP is asking about the current iPad.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
I expect that will be the case eventually, but OP is asking about the current iPad.

Agreed.I'm sure apple released the current iPad 3 so that users in these countries would have the new iPad to use until an upgraded version with compatible 4G service becomes available.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Agreed.I'm sure apple released the current iPad 3 so that users in these countries would have the new iPad to use until an upgraded version with compatible 4G service becomes available.

It will be interesting to see how things play out, with different 4G in various countries. iPads with dual SIMs?

One thing I like about iPad 1 and 2, and iPhone, is being able to travel and switch out SIMs, at least in the places where I go.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe we'll see a universal iPad capable of utilizing all possible 4G frequencies,much like the current 3G iPads and iPhones.This would require only one sim card, like current iPhones and iPads.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe we'll see a universal iPad capable of utilizing all possible 4G frequencies,much like the current 3G iPads and iPhones.This would require only one sim card, like current iPhones and iPads.

That would be ideal, but I don't know if that's possible.

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
I bookmarked this in December because I thought it a useful illustration of probs in unifying 4G worldwide:

With 38 frequency flavors, LTE won’t unify 4G — Mobile Technology News

Good explanation of the 4g compatibility issues facing 4g ready devices. IMHO, I think this new 4g iPad will help service providers see how important it is to adapt compatible frequencies across all borders. It is ironic that before this issue, people outside of North America complained that the US used incompatible technology for our cellular data services.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So in effect,a world traveller would have to carry a pocket full of 4G cell phones/iPads with him in order to stay connected on 4G as he travelled from country to country.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts