What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I pad 2 wont power up

justlearning

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an ipod 2 that wont power up, from the research I have done I have found it recommended to power it down pressing home and power button and then repowering it on. if that fails then try to plug in for 30 mins to the wall and try again.

if that doesn't work then it is most likely a hardware failure.

I have tried charging it and it is not working- when charging it I see the battery come on the screen but it doesn't gain any charge, I also tried to plug it into my computer to connect it to itunes and it shows that it is receiving a charge from the computer on the pad but isn't recognized in itunes. if it is a hardware failure what normally goes out that would cause this? also I am wondering could it be that battery is shot... I am just wondering what I can do for trouble shooting find a the cause.

thanks

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

I'm not sure if its a reset you're trying to do.....it is done by holding those 2 buttons in simultaneously, you may see the power off slide appear and disappear. Keep holding them in until you see the Apple logo appear....the iPad should then start on its own.

Are you using the iPad charger which came with your iPad? If its only an iPhone charger, it will charge but albeit very slowly. The same goes for charging via a computer, you will only receive a trickle charge. Did you allow the battery to run down totally? As you will need to charge it for a while before it registers enough charge to turn on. Or has your iPad laid dormant for a length of time without charge? As this can damage the battery.

I have an iPad 2 which I've had since they were released and have used it every day for many hours and my battery is still fine.

OP
J

justlearning

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have it charging with an ipad charger however it turns on when charging with a glowing black screen but still doesn't gain or hold a charge. That is part of the reason I tried to connect it to iTunes to see if maybe it was a software issue that could be restored in iTunes. I don know if this is even possible but if it is I would try

OP
J

justlearning

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have left it plugged in all day and now it just shows the apple icon. When I unplug it the apple icon stays on. If it was the battery I figure it should have just went off. This really has me confused.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have left it plugged in all day and now it just shows the apple icon. When I unplug it the apple icon stays on. If it was the battery I figure it should have just went off. This really has me confused.

Try a reset if it now.

Hold the power off button and the home button simultaneously, keep holding them in and you may see the power off slide appear and disappear, wait until you see the Apple logo appear before releasing the buttons. It will take a little longer for your iPad to start.

Let us know what happens.

OP
J

justlearning

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hold the power button and home button down, I never get to see the shut down slide bar come up but the screen does power down. Then to power up I see the apple icon but it never goes any further then that.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm going to transfer your thread to our hacking section.....the knowledgeable folk there may be able to suggest something more for you.

OP
J

justlearning

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Still can't get it

I got it! I learned how to open the ipad in DFU mode and then was able to restore the ipad!!! it looks like it is going to be good now, I have finally gotten past it apple icon! :)

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I got it! I learned how to open the ipad in DFU mode and then was able to restore the ipad!!! it looks like it is going to be good now, I have finally gotten past it apple icon! :)

Oh that is just so good to hear.......I did think that that was what was going to be recommended, but I don't know enough about those steps to guide you, whereas the hackers do.

Thank you for getting back to us on this.....enjoy!

Stevelamont

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah I've had this problem a few times also. The steps above always fixed it. For me it not every happens whilst I'm using the iPad and it has to shut down due to low battery. It has not happened twice in as many years so not a big issue.

OP
J

justlearning

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So now I think I got most of it but...

So I have been playing around with the ipad and everything seems to be good except the camera will not open. The front camera works in FaceTime but the when I click on the camera to see if it works the shutter won't open on the screen. I have tried doing a software reset in the ipad but no luck. Any ideas?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you have any tweaks installed from Cydia that affect the camera? Maybe removing them may help the issue?

Or, have you tried the "close all apps and reset option" again? The one where you hold both buttons until you see the Apple logo...? That may help.

Marilyn

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So I have been playing around with the ipad and everything seems to be good except the camera will not open. The front camera works in FaceTime but the when I click on the camera to see if it works the shutter won't open on the screen. I have tried doing a software reset in the ipad but no luck. Any ideas?

I have heard of members having this issue before, most righted themselves in due time or after a reset.

When in FaceTime, have you tried switching between the cameras, from front to back? Have a go and see if this is achievable, then try the camera again.

I will now move this thread back to the Help Forum to have more members view this issue.

OP
J

justlearning

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am planning on working on the ipad more tommorow. I didn't get time to mess with it today or yesterday because I was super busy but I will give you guys an update. Thanks for your input

OP
J

justlearning

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Still not working

Sorry for the delay on getting back online but I have ran system reset and that doesn't seem to fix it. I also got into FaceTime it allows the front camera to work but the back camera is still in responsive.

Most reactions

Latest posts