What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I pad 2 video issue

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I pad 2 iOS 7 won't open some you tube videos from link
It's possible that the videos you can't play are not playable on mobile devices. I've run into the problem myself when trying to play certain YouTube videos. My solution was to use a third party YouTube player app. The one I use to play YouTube videos that won't play on my iPad with the YouTube app or site is YouPlayer.
https://appsto.re/ca/T2JFH.i

OP
M

maggielovelock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's possible that the videos you can't play are not playable on mobile devices. I've run into the problem myself when trying to play certain YouTube videos. My solution was to use a third party YouTube player app. The one I use to play YouTube videos that won't play on my iPad with the YouTube app or site is YouPlayer.
https://appsto.re/ca/T2JFH.i
Thank you, I have the you tube app would that do ? I tried copying the URL to paste but not sure where to paste it ?? This I a recent thing , since I o s 8 , I haven't upgraded, would that help ?

OP
M

maggielovelock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Let us know if it works.
Yes it worked, I never had to do that ,or had any other video problems before IO S 8 came out , I've been avoiding updating on ipad and iPhone 4s because of the warnings .looks like there's issues either way .

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just tried it and the video played perfectly for me.

Have you tried restarting your iPad? Press and hold the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears, then release both buttons and wait for the iPad to restart.

If this doesn't work you may want to try resetting all settings. This restores all settings to their default position. To do this go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset All Settings. This will not erase any data but you will have to re-enter the passwords for sites that normally remember you.

OP
M

maggielovelock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Re-set didn't help ...
I'm beginning to think its a download /attachment issue ,the videos I can't watch still have the timer wheel turning ,indefinitely , like the site containing the video clip is having trouble downloading . Also I can't view e mail attachments on the I pad either , could this be connected? Is there a place to check attachments? I've never found one . My wifi is fine, no issues there .

OP
M

maggielovelock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry I'm back , I just tried to play the video on the link I sent you and I still can't , I hit the arrow and nothing ,just zoom in .
If this is becoming a pain , let me know and I'll quit bugging you. :(

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe you have a good connection but the bandwidth is insufficient to stream the videos that won't play. Trying to play these videos while using a different WiFi network with greater bandwidth would help confirm whether or not this is the problem.

OP
M

maggielovelock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe you have a good connection but the bandwidth is insufficient to stream the videos that won't play. Trying to play these videos while using a different WiFi network with greater bandwidth would help confirm whether or not this is the problem.
image.jpg

Most reactions

Latest posts