What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I pad 2 problem

mickeymost1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Could anyone please help me out with a problem I have with my I pad2 , I am trying to make my I pad into a sat nav, I have downloaded app to make it into a sat nav, but it says that it has downloaded ok but it is no where to be seen on my pad. Which free app is the best to make my pad into a sat nav when needed.

Thanks for your help.

deano2806

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok check out Navfree it is the best free Sat Nav for the iPad & I am guessing you have got 3G model & also wouldn't you be better off using a iPhone? As that is much smaller then using the iPad.....anyway check out the app I have mentioned as it has got some Great reviews :)

OP
M

mickeymost1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
deano2806 said:
Ok check out Navfree it is the best free Sat Nav for the iPad & I am guessing you have got 3G model & also wouldn't you be better off using a iPhone? As that is much smaller then using the iPad.....anyway check out the app I have mentioned as it has got some Great reviews :)

Thanks very much for your quick reply, However I have put Navfree on my pad and it says it has downloaded ok. But I cannot see it any on my pad I do not have the 3G model just 16 gb wi fi One.

Thanks again

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
mickeymost1 said:
Thanks very much for your quick reply, However I have put Navfree on my pad and it says it has downloaded ok. But I cannot see it any on my pad I do not have the 3G model just 16 gb wi fi One.

Thanks again

I am fairly certain you need 3G to run any type of GPS app.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I am fairly certain you need 3G to run any type of GPS app.

Unless you add one of the few external GPS options. There is at least one bluetooth one (can't remember the name) and BadElf which plugs into the dock connector.

Otherwise, you may be able to run the GPS app, but it will have very limited functionality, since it can only locate you based on wi-fi spots and it needs an internet connection to do that much.

Most reactions

Latest posts