What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I ordered the Jawbone Jambox- review to follow

ThePhotog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Countless hours of research I went ahead and ordered the Jambox to use with my iPhone and ipad. Review to follow.

The Photog

markbnh1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You won't be disappointed! I have one and love it. It's a bit pricey but worth it IMHO.

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

gores95

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can you use this the same time as the wireless Bluetooth keyboard? In other words can you use two Bluetooth devices with the iPad 2?

Thanks!

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can you use this the same time as the wireless Bluetooth keyboard? In other words can you use two Bluetooth devices with the iPad 2?

Thanks!

Yes. I'm listening to Pandora on my Jambox and typing on my Apple wireless keyboard -- both paired with my iPad 2 right now.

gores95

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
Yes. I'm listening to Pandora on my Jambox and typing on my Apple wireless keyboard -- both paired with my iPad 2 right now.

Awesome I am gonna order it today!

Mitten

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Jambox is my favorite iPad accessory too! Love the 10+ hour runtime between charges and the small size makes it perfect for travel. Yeah, a bit pricy, but much better than another bluetooth speaker I tried (and then returned).

Also love the ZaggMate BT keyboard/clam case. (And yes, you can use both at the same time.)

riseboi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I really like mine as well. But, sometimes, when using bluetooth, my music will suddenly drop out for no apparent reason. If I push the one of the volume buttons, the music will usually resume. Has anyone else experienced this?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I really like mine as well. But, sometimes, when using bluetooth, my music will suddenly drop out for no apparent reason. If I push the one of the volume buttons, the music will usually resume. Has anyone else experienced this?

No dropouts for me. I use it for movies, music and audiobooks. I use it only in BT.

Wokiebear

iPF Novice
Reaction score
riseboi said:

Yes, I have. There is a fix. You need to have registered your Jambox, which in doing sets up an account for you with a password. After registering your Jambox, replug your Jambox. There is an update for its GUI. Locate and install the update. After it finishes, disconnect from computer. You will need to reset your JB by turning it off. Hold the round talk button and keep holding while you turn it back on. Then release the talk button. You will need to re-pair with the JB. But first unpair or delete the JB from your iPad or iPod, and tell it to forget the JB. Make sure the JB is off so it doesn't try to pair before you delete the previous pairing. Then reset up and re-pair the JB. A lot of people were having the dropped signal problem. This solved it for me and others. I mean by JB the Jambox, not jailbreak.

Last edited:

gores95

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wokiebear said:
Yes, I have. There is a fix. You need to have registered your Jambox, which in doing sets up an account for you with a password. After registering your Jambox, replug your Jambox. There is an update for its GUI. Locate and install the update. After it finishes, disconnect from computer. You will need to reset your JB by turning it off. Hold the round talk button and keep holding while you turn it back on. Then release the talk button. You will need to re-pair with the JB. But first unpair or delete the JB from your iPad or iPod, and tell it to forget the JB. Make sure the JB is off so it doesn't try to pair before you delete the previous pairing. Then reset up and re-pair the JB. A lot of people were having the dropped signal problem. This solved it for me and others. I mean by JB the Jambox, not jailbreak.

Can you update the Jambox while it is connected to the iPad? The MtTalk website is no help. obviously it is not plugged into the iPad but rather connected by Bluetooth. Or do I Need to plug it into my laptop to get it updated? Thx.

Last edited:

Wokiebear

iPF Novice
Reaction score
N
You have to have it plugged into the laptop to be able to update it and be on the web site first to update it. There are instructions on the web site.

gores95

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wokiebear said:
N
You have to have it plugged into the laptop to be able to update it and be on the web site first to update it. There are instructions on the web site.

Thanks just did it on my laptop. Its a shame it cannot be updated on the Ipad but no big deal. I do love it!

Most reactions

Latest posts