What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I now have version 7.0.6, should I upgrade or not.

Zoom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have my ipad air for a year now and have no problems,
Should I upgrade, are their any advantages to do so.
I am always leery of upgrading so I do not know what to do.
Thanks For any advice.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The iPad Air does well under iOS 8.1.2.

While the main advances on iOS 8 are not obvious at first glance, there are a lot of nice features to improve moving files between apps and putting third party widgets in the Today view of Notification Center. They also introduce third party keyboards.

There are some improvements to the native apps, like a timer for the camera, slo-motion video, rich text in the Notes app, etc.

You probably won't miss them, unless you see them being used, and then the itch to upgrade will start. :)

Just be prepared for a few things to change.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The iPad Air does well under iOS 8.1.2.

While the main advances on iOS 8 are not obvious at first glance, there are a lot of nice features to improve moving files between apps and putting third party widgets in the Today view of Notification Center. They also introduce third party keyboards.

There are some improvements to the native apps, like a timer for the camera, slo-motion video, rich text in the Notes app, etc.

You probably won't miss them, unless you see them being used, and then the itch to upgrade will start. :)

Just be prepared for a few things to change.

I concur. Go for the upgrade. It will work great on your Air just like it does mine. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts