What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I no longer enjoy using my Ipad.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
While using my ipad mini the other day, it started typing on its own and opening and closing tabs all on its own. I have tried everything on my own to correct this problem all to no avail.Ive even tried a hard reboot nothing works. I purchased my mini in June 2013 it worked flawlessly until a month ago. When I contacted Apple they came close to saying I have contracted a virus. But all they were allowed to say is that it is a software problem, and that it would cost me $200.00 to fix. the darn thing isnt even a year old. I was told that the warranty (90 days) has expired. Now I have a piece of junk that doesnt work. I heard that Apple is now having some sort of software problem(again,they just wont call what it is A VIRUS) with the mac books and the owners of these computors can have them fixed for free. Why cant they do the same for ipad owners. Ive purchased a 10" samsung galaxy tab. anyway has anyone else have problems like mine with thier mini, and how did you fix the problem Disgusted Ipad owner:mad:
It's most likely that you have a defective touchscreen, which is causing the spurious inputs. This would be a hardware problem and should be covered under the terms of the warranty. The warranty is for 1 year, not 90 days. What has expired is your 90 days of free telephone technical support. You should make a Genius Bar appointment at an Apple Store, where they can run a full diagnostic on your iPad. If your touchscreen is indeed defective, you should receive a new or refurbished replacement iPad. If you can, do a backup of your iPad before heading to the Apple Store, you can set up a replacement iPad from the backup.

Last edited:

Husq250

iPF Novice
Reaction score
People sometimes need to try things for themselves and not just rely on others opinions. How will anyone know if the new changes actually make enough difference to make it worthwhile to overlook what they don't like on first glance? Yes, you can read other peoples opinions on iOS 7 all over the internet, only you can decide if something is good enough to meet your standards.

Im sorry, i have to disagree. As I stated, I cannot believe the amount of people that complain about the colors and its looks. So, why would you have to risk a permanent download that you'll be stuck with that has screen shot images all over the internet and this forum not to mention on apples own website of what it looks like just to "try it out"? That and, do these people not know anyone else that has an iPhone, iPad or iPod that has installed IOS 7 they can have a look at? Are they the only ones? Keep in mind I'm only arguing the "looks" case, not software issues which almost all of can be fixed by one means or another. Also, I'm not attacking you personally, just stating my opinion on this side of this case. Sorry if your offended.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Y'know, an iPad with iOS 7 must be an amazingly wonderful machine, if the worst someone can find to moan about is the color of the UI. Sheesh.

This post handcrafted from 100 percent post-consumer recycled electrons.

JC_AZ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply... you are correct, but I was trying the network setting reset based on a suggestion in a forum...still no solution and apparently the Safari browser update is included in the iOS7 update because I can not find a way to reload it to see if this fixes it. I would switch to Chrome, but for some reason it always defaults to Safari? Thank you JC

I am still having the issue with getting logged out of website I am registered to access, I have tried resetting everything, I have tried switching to Chrome for my browser, I have been the Apple Store Genius Bar, where they ran diagnostics and rest the settings again and went thru everything... found nothing, and basically said to try using Chrome to see if it would work better... NEXT... your time is up... pretty frustrating situation.

Wayneb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im sorry, i have to disagree. As I stated, I cannot believe the amount of people that complain about the colors and its looks. So, why would you have to risk a permanent download that you'll be stuck with that has screen shot images all over the internet and this forum not to mention on apples own website of what it looks like just to "try it out"? That and, do these people not know anyone else that has an iPhone, iPad or iPod that has installed IOS 7 they can have a look at? Are they the only ones? Keep in mind I'm only arguing the "looks" case, not software issues which almost all of can be fixed by one means or another. Also, I'm not attacking you personally, just stating my opinion on this side of this case. Sorry if your offended.

Why would someone update even if they don't like the colors or icons?
Well maybe some of the new features would allow you to overlook what you don't like about it visually, for example iTunes radio sounded interesting to me.

Do these people not know anyone that has an iOS device running iOS 7?

Depends where you live and who you know, many people don't know anyone running iOS 7 myself included, I do know people with Android phones and tablets.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Why would someone update even if they don't like the colors or icons?
Well maybe some of the new features would allow you to overlook what you don't like about it visually, for example iTunes radio sounded interesting to me.

Do these people not know anyone that has an iOS device running iOS 7?

Depends where you live and who you know, many people don't know anyone running iOS 7 myself included, I do know people with Android phones and tablets.

There may be an iOS 7.X requirement on the app that they're trying to run. The new updates for iWorks products, Garage Band, Keychain, etc, all mandate iOS 7.X.

Most reactions

Latest posts