What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I no longer enjoy using my Ipad.

JC_AZ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I believe it just breaks all connections and setup info for any wireless networks you've connected to. Kind of like setting up networking from scratch for the first time On the iPad. It can't hurt to do it but you would have to re enter credentials for any networks you want to connect to. Not sure of that will help you though. Website logins are controlled by the browser you are using, I'm pretty sure.

Thanks for your reply... you are correct, but I was trying the network setting reset based on a suggestion in a forum...still no solution and apparently the Safari browser update is included in the iOS7 update because I can not find a way to reload it to see if this fixes it. I would switch to Chrome, but for some reason it always defaults to Safari?

Thank you
JC

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Can't understand your post. My apps close via the home button, but remain available without having to restart. A four finger upwards swipe reveals this, all that is needed to reuse the app is a simple press on the picture.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF
You did understand what I meant to say. All I can say is that you are lucky then. If I tap on any picture, as you say, it completely relaunches itself as if I closed it completely and then opened it again.

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You did understand what I meant to say. All I can say is that you are lucky then. If I tap on any picture, as you say, it completely relaunches itself as if I closed it completely and then opened it again.
If you have an analysis app which shows what is still running it will definitely show 'closed' apps as running in the background. Certainly none of my apps restart, as the screens are always exactly the same as when 'closed', even in databases showing a particular record.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It seems to depend on which apps, both background and foreground. It appears to me that some apps use so many resources in foreground that idle background apps must be unloaded to free up memory. Many apps will stay loaded but idle in the background for five (?) minutes, then quit if not recalled by then; I think that's an Apple requirement for apps that don't actually need to keep running in the background. In any event, I don't think it's easy to generalize about this.

This post handcrafted from 100 percent post-consumer recycled electrons.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply... you are correct, but I was trying the network setting reset based on a suggestion in a forum...still no solution and apparently the Safari browser update is included in the iOS7 update because I can not find a way to reload it to see if this fixes it. I would switch to Chrome, but for some reason it always defaults to Safari? Thank you JC

Websites will always open with safari but if you open a link in a different browser and then save that link to your home screen then the white WILL open with that browser! I use the Atomic browser sometimes and do this. There is no way to reinstall safari that I know of.

bjclausen8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd give anything to go back to iOS 6. 7 stinks. I don't like the looks of anything and I HATE what it did to my photos. To say nothing of the fact that many of the apps just crash out to the main screen for no reason. Often! I'm going shopping for an android.

bjclausen8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome seems you are upset may I ask what model iPad you are using please.
iPad 2. Another thing I don't like is the bar hidden at the bottom of the screen keeps popping up when I've touched something low on the screen. It's annoying. Any way to make it stop?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
iPad 2. Another thing I don't like is the bar hidden at the bottom of the screen keeps popping up when I've touched something low on the screen. It's annoying. Any way to make it stop?
Go to Settings - Control Center, and disable "Access Within Apps". Then you only can open it when you're on the homescreen.

Husq250

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I cannot believe how many people complain about how 7 looks after they installed it. REALLY? Did they not bother to do ANY research before installing? Their has been LOADS of info on the internet about this. For those having crashing and slow issues, doing a "reset all setting" takes care of a lot of issues. If you hate how your device operates and are desperate- "erase all content and settings" may help too. Beware though of what these two may reset or delete before you do. We have an iPad 2, mini and 2- iPhone 4's (not to be mistaken with 4S's) all running IOS7 with nearly identical results. I would not go back to IOS 6 on my iPhone 4, it works great- after some fine tuning I'll admit. It ran well with OTA download however with some additional batterie drainage. I wound up spending only one single day, after an overnight plugged in back up to iCloud, doing an "erase all settings and content". It was done and my batterie is as good as IOS 6 was. The 2 and mini were as good from the get go. Just may be worth a try.

Wayneb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I cannot believe how many people complain about how 7 looks after they installed it. REALLY? Did they not bother to do ANY research before installing? Their has been LOADS of info on the internet about this. For those having crashing and slow issues, doing a "reset all setting" takes care of a lot of issues. If you hate how your device operates and are desperate- "erase all content and settings" may help too. Beware though of what these two may reset or delete before you do. We have an iPad 2, mini and 2- iPhone 4's (not to be mistaken with 4S's) all running IOS7 with nearly identical results. I would not go back to IOS 6 on my iPhone 4, it works great- after some fine tuning I'll admit. It ran well with OTA download however with some additional batterie drainage. I wound up spending only one single day, after an overnight plugged in back up to iCloud, doing an "erase all settings and content". It was done and my batterie is as good as IOS 6 was. The 2 and mini were as good from the get go. Just may be worth a try.

People sometimes need to try things for themselves and not just rely on others opinions. How will anyone know if the new changes actually make enough difference to make it worthwhile to overlook what they don't like on first glance? Yes, you can read other peoples opinions on iOS 7 all over the internet, only you can decide if something is good enough to meet your standards.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I agree with that. One thing that our staff and I have experienced is a huge number of users whom choose not to read manuals and or check answers to simple questions. We do what we can to resolve issues. One has to appreciate that iOS 7 down loads must be around the 280 to 300 million mark if not higher and they are still going so that with the combination of the release of iPhones plus iOS 7 created total havoc with Apple's servers so it did not matter where you were in the world it was a traffic jam. The press has really as usual gone over the top by rebroadcasting small issues and making them big issues. It is funny really one minute it is all rumors then next minute they run headlines about some guy in USA whom is suing Tim Cook. That is one way to get attention I suppose. I have stated before most problems we can resolve however there are about 3 or 4 Apple will need to address which I am positive will happen sooner than later. The new iPads will be available soon so we can expect another wave of issues but that is ok that is why we are here.

The iPad mini handled the upgrade fine and like all other devices does need a bit of tweaking. This means playing with the settings like having a shower hot and cold water you name it. iPad 2 yes we agree issues can occur however just follow the suggestions we have made. There are many iPad users whom are happy........
This is my opinion only guys and gals ok

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
People sometimes need to try things for themselves and not just rely on others opinions. How will anyone know if the new changes actually make enough difference to make it worthwhile to overlook what they don't like on first glance? Yes, you can read other peoples opinions on iOS 7 all over the internet, only you can decide if something is good enough to meet your standards.

I have to agree here. Reading about it can't fully express the user experience of a new OS. That being said, there was plenty of buzz around iOS 7 and lots of information out there about it. Still, I can't fault people for disliking something. Everyone has different needs or expectations and some people simply don't care for the new OS.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have to agree here. Reading about it can't fully express the user experience of a new OS. That being said, there was plenty of buzz around iOS 7 and lots of information out there about it. Still, I can't fault people for disliking something. Everyone has different needs or expectations and some people simply don't care for the new OS.

Seconded. It's more of a personal experience than reading reviews. For a lot of veteran users, it's a common practice to test the waters on a secondary device or a device that can be downgraded, or just test the waters in terms of videos, simulators or a friend/family member's device prior to upgrading. After a few major updates, it becomes clear the give and takes of upgrading. You can't always rely on opinions/reviews with respect to the technological world since some users are minimalists, some have high demand, and some have moderate PoVs. Unless you experience it yourself, it's hard to judge something on almost all accounts.

Pfran6078

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Possessed ipad mini

While using my ipad mini the other day, it started typing on its own and opening and closing tabs all on its own. I have tried everything on my own to correct this problem all to no avail.Ive even tried a hard reboot nothing works. I purchased my mini in June 2013 it worked flawlessly until a month ago. When I contacted Apple they came close to saying I have contracted a virus. But all they were allowed to say is that it is a software problem, and that it would cost me $200.00 to fix. the darn thing isnt even a year old. I was told that the warranty (90 days) has expired. Now I have a piece of junk that doesnt work. I heard that Apple is now having some sort of software problem(again,they just wont call what it is A VIRUS) with the mac books and the owners of these computors can have them fixed for free. Why cant they do the same for ipad owners. Ive purchased a 10" samsung galaxy tab. anyway has anyone else have problems like mine with thier mini, and how did you fix the problem

Disgusted Ipad owner:mad:

Most reactions