What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I need....

Taylor263621

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want to change the "Lock Screen" (not sure if thats what its called) but I need to add a source on cydia and d/l some sort of program that has them?

Ex. Inside of slide to lock....can I have TOUCH to unlock/lock?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Winterboard is the program which allows you to install themes for both the home screen and the lock screen. The themes themselves are also in Cydia, and you enable them in Winterboard once you have installed them.

Just beware, only a minority of themes are 4.2.1 compatbile. You must check the descriptions in Cydia. Don't be surprised if you try out themes and they don't work because they were for previous versions of IOS. Apple really likes to change how each element of the OS is done between versions..

You should be able to hunt down an "IOS 4 Tap to Unlock" theme in Cydia...

OP
T

Taylor263621

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks f4...i gotta do some research.....i thought some people had a cool lockscreen. Im kinda sick of the slide.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
thanks f4...i gotta do some research.....i thought some people had a cool lockscreen. Im kinda sick of the slide.

No problem.
If you are really sick of the slide, why not try "No Lock Screen", which is a Cydia tweak which completely bypasses the lock screen altogether!

OP
T

Taylor263621

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I actually really love this one but can't seem to understand why it wont d/l. Take a look. F4

Note: The requested modifications cannot be applied due to required dependencies or conflicts that cannot be automatically found or fixed.
Modifications

InstalliQ Brushed - iPad Theme
iQ Brushed - iPad Theme

Dependsgsc.wildcat

Thphilli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just did something similar. I would recommend against messing with Winterboard. The instant I installed that it completely boned my iPad making 90% of the apps invisible, and that is without changing a single setting.

What I did is through a program called Activator. I set the home button to unlock the ipad while its on the lockscreen. So if I tap the home button twice it turns on and unlocks the lpad. Works flawlessly. You can also set the same behavior with the power button simultaneously.

Most reactions

Latest posts