What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I need to link my smtp for outgoing emails with safemail acc on my new ipad

Bashee26

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AS above I have two accounts linked my gmail works fine, but my safemail only accepts incoming, that works fine, but I just can't reply I get this MSG

This is how safe mail told be to set it up plz help as its really annoying me I'll upload all screenshots of my imap etc, if any one can help, I'd luv u forever

Attachments

• image-4165867420.jpg
    image-4165867420.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 467
  • image-456367876.jpg
    image-456367876.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 527
  • image-3724682153.jpg
    image-3724682153.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 451
  • image-4250198149.jpg
    image-4250198149.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 451
  • image-2123356106.jpg
    image-2123356106.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 446

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The SMTP address for your safe mail account looks unusual. SMTP servers usually include smtp as part of their address. It's is more or less a standard naming convention, but not mandatory; so I can't be sure the address is wrong.

As a stop gap, try turning on smtp.gmail.com under Other SMTP Servers option in your last screen shot. Turn off the primary SMTP server if you still get error messages.

But mostly, contact your provider and make sure that the pop.safe-mail.net address is really an SMTP server.

Also confirm that your SSL should be on. You can try turning it off to see if that works.

Good luck.

OP
B

Bashee26

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
The SMTP address for your safe mail account looks unusual. SMTP servers usually include smtp as part of their address. It's is more or less a standard naming convention, but not mandatory; so I can't be sure the address is wrong.

As a stop gap, try turning on smtp.gmail.com under Other SMTP Servers option in your last screen shot. Turn off the primary SMTP server if you still get error messages.

But mostly, contact your provider and make sure that the pop.safe-mail.net address is really an SMTP server.

Also confirm that your SSL should be on. You can try turning it off to see if that works.

Good luck.

Thx for replying, I've tried everything u have explained as I saw how my gmail started so thought I'd mess about, I may have to contact safe-mail, but I've done everything they said, I can choose between imap or pop or both, but I've tried every combo, but it seems whatever I do, I still get that error MSG, I don't understand as, I've triple checked passwords etc, thanx for ur advice anyways.

Could anyone explain to me why I get that error MSG when I try to send email through my email app. As watever I do it's always the same.thx

I've uploaded the screen pic I mean, as the MSG never changes.

Attachments

• image-2472792492.jpg
    image-2472792492.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 415
OP
B

Bashee26

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok I fixed it guys, if ur having same probs you need to change outgoing mail to, apple.safe-mail.net, hope this helps

Thx guys

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Glad to hear you got it working.

BTW, if they've got the IMAP option, you're probably better off using it. POP3 works on the iPad, but you'll get more options and better syncing with IMAP.

OP
B

Bashee26

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Glad to hear you got it working.

BTW, if they've got the IMAP option, you're probably better off using it. POP3 works on the iPad, but you'll get more options and better syncing with IMAP.

Thx mate , there's option on safe mail site for both or either, shall I click both there, or is it sumthing I need to do in settings

Cheers bud.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You would check the IMAP or both option on the website. Then you would need to delete and re-add your account on the iPad using the IMAP information; which should be at least a little different than it was for the POP3 account. The SMTP server address will probably stay the same.

OP
B

Bashee26

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
You would check the IMAP or both option on the website. Then you would need to delete and re-add your account on the iPad using the IMAP information; which should be at least a little different than it was for the POP3 account. The SMTP server address will probably stay the same.

I'm still having probs as when I'm using my email app, I can send emails from my safemail account, but when the person receives the email it's from my gmail address

Any help???

joeyteel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As I mentioned here sending via smtp is only supported for premium accounts. Free accounts can only send through the web interface.

OP
B

Bashee26

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thx for ur advice guys, I'm may upgrade my acc.

Thx for all your input.

Most reactions

Latest posts