1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

I need help!!!

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by JennieR, Dec 27, 2011.

1. JennieR

JennieR iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello everyone. I need help.... I received a brand new beautiful ipad2 for Christmas but I'm having issues. I also have an iPhone 4 and about a week before Christmas we received 3G in our area. On my iPhone 4 using 3G I can access iTunes, tapatalk...most applications. But using 3G my iPad says I have to be connected to the Internet. Why can't I access sights using 3G? I chose not to have a cellular connection at this time is that going to make the difference? My ipad is wifi/3G compatible. PLEASE someone tell me what to do!!! It also came with the 4.3.3 not the 5.0 but it is an ipad2. :(
  2. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,744 / 0
    There's your answer, right there in bold. In order to use the 3G function of any iPad, you have to sign up for a monthly plan from the carrier (either AT&T or Verizon, whomever you got it from). If you don't buy a plan, you won't be able to use 3G to access the Internet, you can only use WiFi.

Hope this reassures.

Marilyn