What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I need help with my new camera please?

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not really sure what you are telling me, Ivan! Sorry.:(

I am just not sure WHY the camera sets up all the software on my computer, but then it doesn't recognize the F* camera to transfer the pictures.

Makes no sense.:(

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Problem solved!

I joined a very cool photo/camera site and they love me already.:D But the owner gave me a bunch of suggestions and one worked!!

I had to uninstall then disable my anti virus and firewall, then reinstall! Now I see Disk J, and found my pictures!!

Thanks everyone for all of your suggestions!

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
uh huh. Sure, Scott.

You know what though. I just went to that DCIM file to get a picture to post here, and Disk J is not there. I have to have the camera hooked up!

I still can't get the pictures to that silly ib program. I also need to get them ON my computer, not just on Disk J.

Tough being me, I'm tellin ya.:p

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OMG. I deleted the pictures off my camera, thinking they were on HERE. The Disk J is empty.

I deleted my first set of very cool pictures.:( I don't understand why they don't auto save on my computer, why do they just go to Disk J?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Look in your Recycle Bin. If you are lucky, they are in there... if you are lucky! (fingers crossed)

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No. I knew they wouldn't be in the recycle bin. I deleted them off my camera, Scott. Did you think they would fly off the camera to my recycle bin on my computer?:p:D

LOL!

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Stranger things have happened! I used to really understand how computers worked, now it's all just smoke and mirrors!

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Here's another wrinkle to this 'problem'

Hello Marie, have you thought of using on your computer a photo manager like Picasa? The reason this might be something you might be interested in this program is that when you plug any camera into your PC's USB port, it'll pull up all your files and allow you to choose all, or select some for import. Then you can use Picasa to set up your folders on the PC. It is the easiest way to manage photos.

The software that your Olympus camera downloads is manufacture specific, I have a Sony. Picasa doesn't care what kind of camera you are using. A great feature of Picasa is once you install it, it will find all of your photos on your PC.

Here is a link to the free software for your PC

Picasa 3: Free download from Google

Just a suggestion!

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You could look for a photo recovery app for your pc, take your memory card out of camera, use card reader and run the recovery program to get your deleted pics back....so long as you've not put new pic on nor have formatted your card when you deleted.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You could look for a photo recovery app for your pc, take your memory card out of camera, use card reader and run the recovery program to get your deleted pics back....so long as you've not put new pic on nor have formatted your card when you deleted.

This is exactly what my friend on my photo site said, B! But I don't have a memory card yet.

I will today though!

Brenn ~ hey, does the camera connection kit fit any camera? I just got a new camera and I thought I read on here that it doesn't fit some....

I would not be happy ~ if I bought one...

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well the connection kit has USB opening for one piece. The other is card specific...what kind of card do you use? Like mine is a compact flash...the big square one so it doesn't fit, I have to attach a card reader to the USB option...but then again I really don't care about my pics being on my iPad...weird I know but yeah...

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well the connection kit has USB opening for one piece. The other is card specific...what kind of card do you use? Like mine is a compact flash...the big square one so it doesn't fit, I have to attach a card reader to the USB option...but then again I really don't care about my pics being on my iPad...weird I know but yeah...

Ya know...I don't think I do either.

My card will be a Transcend Class, 8GB, SDHC card.

Whatever the hell all that means!

Most reactions

Latest posts