I need help with choosing a word processor

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Jjj651, Jul 27, 2010.

1. TJK

TJK
    Expand Collapse

You might try signing up for MS Office Live and SkyDrive. You can then edit your Word docs on the iPad via browser " in the cloud". This works albeit much more slowly. There were some threads about this a few weeks back so you might try the forum search function.

2. mslammers

mslammers
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    If you are going to really type lots of documents, papers, notes, & etc. make sure to get a "real" keyboard for desk top use. The on screen one is OK for short notes, but will drive you crazy if you have to use it on a regular basis on a desktop, IMO.

3. Game_Writer

Game_Writer
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I certainly agree with that! The on-screen keyboard is great for jotting notes, replying to bulletin boards (like this), or quickly whipping out an email--but I have my keyboard dock for "real" writing. ;)

4. jkhonea

jkhonea
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I'm probably the rare exception to this. I'm using the iPad for my book (yes, writing a novel) and love it. The lack of a tab can be a pain in the ass, I'll admit that, but overall, love the freedom. Hoping to finish the first draft in the next couple of months. Gotten quite used to the onscreen keyboard.

5. JavaJuneau

JavaJuneau
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I am using it for my technical book. The keyboard does not get in the way when writing text, but I use my bluetooth keyboard when working with code. Changing the software keyboard each time I need to use underscores and other symbols can be painful. I am finding my iPad to be quite useful for writing the book and it is certainly making my life easier. Just wish that I could find an office app that allowed me to use the fonts I need for my publisher.

6. Jjj651

Jjj651
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I wonder if Microsoft will make microsoft office or at least just word as an iPad application. That would be so awesome but il probably dream on about that.

7. Jjj651

Jjj651
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Well is the on screen keyboard okay for writing essays once you get used to it?

8. SweetPoison

SweetPoison
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    I use Pages. Type up my reports and case notes. Email them to myself and then print them out or add to my flash drive on my desktop and print them out at my office.

Very Cool.;)

9. SweetPoison

SweetPoison
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend

Thanks Received:

Of course. Why not?:)

10. Game_Writer

Game_Writer
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Yes, I agree, I'm quite surprised how well I can type on the on-screen keyboard. A touch-keyboard it ain't, though. :-/