What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I need help viewing PDF files on my iPad2!

cathydow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HELP! When I open a PDF file that has been edited (text deletions, insertions, sticky notes attached, highlights applied, etc.) none of the edits show when viewed through iBooks on my iPad2. If I open the same PDF file on my desktop computer, all the edits are visible. All I need to be able to do is to see the "edits" on my iPad. Can anyone tell me what App can do this?
Thank you,
CD:confused:

Killman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Perhaps Cloudreaders could do the trick?

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

TheX

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Make sure you have the latest version of the PDF on you iPad. Either sync it or email it to yourself.

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
With what app are you doing the editing of the PDF?

Most times, if that PDF file is not "flattened" - as in, the changes aren't baked in, then another app is not going to be able to see the changes. Adobe will, on your computer, just not another app.

I know of two apps, off the top of my head, that allow you to make the kind of changes to mentioned to a PDF and then give you an option to flatten them for reading in other apps - Goodreader ($4.99 USD) and iAnnotate ($9.99 USD).

I am sure there are others, but I can't recall any at this moment. So, take a look at those two ... see if they'll do what you wish/need.

Good luck.

Marilyn

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
With what app are you doing the editing of the PDF?

Most times, if that PDF file is not "flattened" - as in, the changes aren't baked in, then another app is not going to be able to see the changes. Adobe will, on your computer, just not another app.

I know of two apps, off the top of my head, that allow you to make the kind of changes to mentioned to a PDF and then give you an option to flatten them for reading in other apps - Goodreader ($4.99 USD) and iAnnotate ($9.99 USD).

I am sure there are others, but I can't recall any at this moment. So, take a look at those two ... see if they'll do what you wish/need.

Good luck.

Marilyn

Hey! Now I know what flattened is... thanks Marilyn. :)

Wordtoni

iPF Noob
Reaction score
cathydow said:
HELP! When I open a PDF file that has been edited (text deletions, insertions, sticky notes attached, highlights applied, etc.) none of the edits show when viewed through iBooks on my iPad2. If I open the same PDF file on my desktop computer, all the edits are visible. All I need to be able to do is to see the "edits" on my iPad. Can anyone tell me what App can do this?
Thank you,
CD:confused:

The program Notability does this and is only $0.99!

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Another vote for Notability it works well with PDF. I've tried/own several of the top note taking apps and have settled on Notability because for school and work the PDF feature , ink, organization, import export and tools all work for me well and logically placed.

"Post are better with pictures ".

Most reactions

Latest posts