1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

I need a piano app that runs in the background...

Discussion in 'iPad for Musicians' started by JacobSavage, Jan 28, 2013.

1. JacobSavage

JacobSavage iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi,
    I am planning to use a 61 key weighted keyboard for my regular slot at a restaurant, i want to run this through my iPad via the MIDI in and use a piano app for the sound BUT I also use iBooks to read the sheet music,
    which apps can you recommend that run in the background so that I can still use iBooks?
    Thanks
    Jacob
  2. Magnetic1

Magnetic1 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Interesting multitasking challenge.
    I found that most midi keyboards that require decent power from the iPad may require a USB hub and that itself is just the first hard part. The second part might be easier to use a second iOS device for. I believe yamaha has a learning keyboard that let you read the corresponding sheet music. But it looks like you have special sound requirements. On the positive side, this does give you a valid reason to get another iPad.