What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I need a little help.

eddieg

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm having a bit of a problem whenever I clear cache on my iPad 4 and re-sign in to forums then when I go back to these forums I have to sign in again then it will be fine it's just the first time I go back to these forums. Any ideas?

Thanks Ed

OP
E

eddieg

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I understand how it works but when I re-sign in to the forums and then go back later I have to sign in again for the 2nd time only then will it remember my sign in info. This happens on all the forums I go to. BTW it doesn't do this on my iPhone.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I understand how it works but when I re-sign in to the forums and then go back later I have to sign in again for the 2nd time only then will it remember my sign in info. This happens on all the forums I go to. BTW it doesn't do this on my iPhone.

If you are signing in on the website using safari, make sure you check the "remember me" box. That way, you are always signed in.

OP
E

eddieg

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Go to settings > Safari> and make sure your private browsing is turned "OFF"--that way you ipad can accept this site and its cookies.

Try that.

Yup it's turned off. This is very strange after the 2nd sign in it remembers my user name and password.

OP
E

eddieg

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Can someone please try this with there iPad 4. Clear cache and sign in to this forum then exit and let the iPad go to sleep for about 10 minutes and see if your user name and password were remembered.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you tried to close out all your apps and do a restart? Than retry.

If that doesn't work try do to a reset by holding the power button and home button together until the apple logo comes on to shut it off. Than retry.

OP
E

eddieg

iPF Novice
Reaction score

If that doesn't work try do to a reset by holding the power button and home button together until the apple logo comes on to shut it off. Than retry.

I think that worked I shut off my iPad turned it back on and that seemed to work Thanks for your help.

OP
E

eddieg

iPF Novice
Reaction score

I think that worked I shut off my iPad turned it back on and that seemed to work Thanks for your help.

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Miracle what a reboot will accomplish. :thumbs:

Geez, you'd think we were on a Microsoft forum or something. :D

Most reactions

Latest posts