What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I LOVE my ipad!!

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Just sayin ~

I have used it so much for work while out in the field. It is awesome.

Having said this ~

I did discover that I could not listen to my radio station I always do. I guess that needs the infamous flash:( I got over it quick, though.:D

But it told me when I tried to streamline the radio station: "sorry, but the Mac is not supported at this time"

Wonder why it though my Ipad was a Mac?

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is 650 KSTE here in Sacramento. It is an AM station ~ I listen to it on my computer a lot ~ and I could have just gotten up and put on the radio, but I was all comfy on my couch with my iPad ~

But it didn't work ~ :(

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Download the Pocket Tunes app and you can listen to KSTE any time you want. The app isn't free, but it is worth the price... To me anyway! Plus you can listen to most stations in the background by using their Quick Time streaming option.

Edit: But apparently it is not an option to play that station in the background.

Last edited:

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Download the Pocket Tunes app and you can listen to KSTE any time you want. The app isn't free, but it is worth the price... To me anyway! Plus you can listen to most stations in the background by using their Quick Time streaming option.

Even better download the iHeart Radio app that is free and you can listen to it free from anywhere

I just pulled it up and its streaming great. Hmmm... LOL the caller on the line is here in florida where I am, how funny.

I use iheart radio to listen to a local station here in the mornings while i'm inside at work. BIG 105.9 FM

Last edited:

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apparently I Heart Radio has been adding stations. I had it for awhile, but eventually dumped it because there were so few stations in my area. I like Pocket Tunes because it not only has off-air stations, but they also have HD stations. I may have to take another look at I Heart Radio even though I already paid the $6.99 for Pocket Tunes.

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Edit: But apparently it is not an option to play that station in the background.

Is Rush Limbaugh on AIR ??? :D

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Even better download the iHeart Radio app that is free and you can listen to it free from anywhere

I just pulled it up and its streaming great. Hmmm... LOL the caller on the line is here in florida where I am, how funny.

I use iheart radio to listen to a local station here in the mornings while i'm inside at work. BIG 105.9 FM

You are so smart, Mike. Seriously. Thank You!!

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I think I downloaded the iPhone version....is this the only one?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I downloaded the I Heart app and within about 2 minutes, deleted it. I looked through my local stations list and it only had a handful of them. They were all "off air" stations - no HD offerings. And from what I can tell, there is no way to search for a station. They give you a list and you have to look for what you want. Sorry I Heart, you have not won my heart.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well ~ 650 played on my ipad and that is what I was looking for. But it is the iPhone version...

And it's free so ~ works for me:D

Most reactions

Latest posts